High Liver Function Tests

RoyBoy

Hi,

I have not posted on here for a while. I hope and wish everyone good luck for the future.

I have had some recent blood tests and they found my LFT's to be high-352(normal 30-130). I will be 1 year post Whipple on 26/04/15. I was diagnosed as Secondary Type 1 diabetic a few weeks ago.

I am going for a fasting ultrasound scan on my liver at xx Hospital tomorrow and more blood tests and hopefully get the results later that day.

Hi Roy, good to hear your update but darn those higher LFTs!

Good look with your tests tomorrow, keep us informed of the outcomes.

Julia x

Assume you are in London as are we. Hope the scan goes ok - let us know. Assume you are not having treatment at the moment following finishing chemo? Didge x

Hi,

Thanks for your support. Phew- ultrasound scan all clear - no shadows on liver. LFT had dropped yesterday to 246 (normal 30-130) so consultant wants to see me again in 6 weeks and more blood tests but hopefully they may continue to reduce ?

I had Whipple's April 2014 followed by 6 months chemo (Gem) and last month was diagnosed as Diabetic- Secondary Type 1. It may be my high blood sugars causing my high readings ?