Picc line and traveling

Carl101

Hi Carl

Yes. We went to Corfu earlier this year with a picc line. Absolutely no probs at all. We took the flush stuff with us. I posted details on this forum about a picc line protector we bought so that Jonathan could swim - a company called Dry Pro. A US company but distributes from Ireland.

Cathy xx

• 2 months later...

Hi Cathy,

I to have a picc line and was wondering about travelling also wondered if you could tell me how you got on with regards to insurance it seems to be really expensive to get any cover. What did you do?

Regards

Jane

Hi everyone,

Just re travel insurance. I travelled abroad with my husband last august to Italy and had the joys of finding insurance. I shopped around and the average quite was about £800 for two weeks. However I found cover from a company called 'insurance with',brilliant service, all documents emailed and I sorted cover a couple of days before went. Instead of £800 we paid £47.80! The policy had a high excess, I think about £600, we opted to pay that if we had to rather than pay £800 just in case.

Thankfully we didn't need to use the policy and had a good holiday.

One other thing re travelling. You will need to get a letter from a gp if you are carrying medication, and also liquids over 100ml. Our gp did a letter for £10.

Hope that helps

Bee x

Hi

We used the company that Bee did. Cost £87 for 1 week in Crete for 2 people.

We also got a letter from the GP. If you need to carry syringes in hand luggage you should have one, also a number of countries regard certain meds as being illegal (codeine in Greece for example) so a letter is needed for those as well. Best just to list everything.

Cathy xx

Carl got a full years insurance for a pretty good price, but the way he did that was to be covered for everything other than anything relating to cancer. This is definately not the right option for everyone, but as he was very well at the time, had no symptoms at all and we just did a weekend away saying within Europe we felt it would be an acceptable risk to take. Thankfully it worked out fine for us but if we were going further afield I would definitely be looking at that company Bee and Cathy have used.