My beautiful mum

Hello

I'm new to this group so not sure how this all works. In July last year my beautiful mum was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer at the age of 61 . As you all know this completely turned our life's up side down she was told that it was terminal and had chemo to try to contain her tuma . She was really amazing the way she just got on and delt with everything that was thrown at her . She never moned of felt sorry for herself . Her only worry was about us after she was gone .sadly on the 1st of April she fell asleep cancer may have taken her body but it never took her spirit .l know it's early days but I still can't get my head around the fact that she's gone .

Hi there, I'm sorry for the loss of your mum. I lost my dad last August, it still feels strange going to my parents house, it's strange that he's not there, but in a way feels like that he wasn't ever there. Keep strong, but cry and shout when you need too. X

Thank you for your reply and I'm sorry to hear about your dad .I've been reading some of the stories on her and it has made me realise I'm not alone . Pancreatic cancer was a thing I didn't really know anything about . If someone would of told me a year ago we would be going through this I would never of believed it . It's now my dad I worry about on the 25th of this month my mum and dad would of been married 42 years x

Hi I am so sorry you have had to post on this forum and I am sorry to hear about your Mum. My Mum was diagnosed 1 year ago and it also came as a complete shock. I had never heard of this disease either! My Mum also gets on with it and hardly ever moans! She has been through a lot recently but at the moment is doing well.

I am sure it is hard accepting everything that has happened but please remember the happy good times and be there for your Dad. This forum is supportive and there are some knowledgable people on here! Please don't feel alone.

Take care of yourself,

Love Sue x

Hi sue

Thank you so much for your reply I really appreciate it .glad to hear your mum is doing well . Mum really was a strong lady when she was first diagnosed we were told . We were only looking at 2/3 months .but she fault on for 9 months . She was truly amazing . And we owe it to her her to stay strong . We are having a cake and coffee morning on the 6 of June to raise some money for pancreatic cancer uk and also try to raise awareness .

Keep strong for your mum and please keep me updated on how she is .

Thanks again

Tara x

Hi Tara,

So sorry to hear that you lost your Mum to this truly dreadful disease, I too lost my husband Trevor on the 24th April, he too fought his battle with humour and fortitude.

You are right it is very early days for us both, and like you I can't quite believe he has gone, I keep thinking "I must tell him this or that" and "Why hasn't he rung me yet" as he worked away for a lot of years and some of our best arguments were over the phone. Then reality sinks in, I think we just have to do our best to keep busy and try not too get too down, and remember just how strong they were. take care sandrax x

Hi Tara,

I really am so sorry to hear of your lovely Mum's passing. Sadly, I know how you feel. I lost my Dad on the 21st of last month, after 14 months. He was only 63. So very early. It is still very raw for me, and it hurts like hell.

You need to look after your Dad now, the 25th is going to hurt you both and you are going to need each other.

I am sorry to have to meet you this way. If you have a support page, I will sponsor you?

Leila xx

Thank you so much for your kind replys it is really hard to deal with and it is still early days for us all . It is so nice to find this support from you all as you all no exactly how we are all feeling

Sandra I'm sorry to hear about your Trevor he sounds like an amazing man and leila I'm sorry to hear about your dad all taken to early from this horrible illness . We do have a just giving page it's in my sister's name sharon bailey . In memory of georgina Gregory .

Thank you both so much and take care

Love

Tara xx