One Year Has Gone By

Ray survived 7 months from diagnosis and he was only 'well' for about half of that time. I can't tell you how much I got from the forum, the nurses, the posters, how much I still get.

I promise to keep Ray's memory alive. Take a look at my tribute if you like and very best wishes to you all.

Ray Foy 5.9.1951-12.10.2013 - A life well lived.

Julia x

Julia, as the years have gone on you have become more and more glamorous. Made me cry too, but then I saw the picture of Ray as a reindeer, very funny! A wonderful tribute which also makes you think that however rubbish and unfair things are, we are also the lucky ones to have so much love and wonderful memories.

Lots of love to you and your family,

Nikki

What a lovely tribute Julia. Obviously a fun loving family man. Can't believe it's been a year already and I think about you often, so good to see you here again, though sad that it is to mark 12 months since your loss.

Take care.

Steve

X

It's a lovely tribute. and something lovely to look back on and share. And, as I said to you before, you are very clever!!

Much love

Cathy xxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Absolutely fantastic Julia.

Very emotive - wonderful photographs! You guys had a lot of fun!

Lovely tribute.

Jeni, Support Team.

That's beautiful Julia, I can't believe its a year since you lost your beloved Ray. It really lovely all those happy family photos together telling the story of Ray's and your life together, thank you for letting us share it with you. take care sandrax

Julia what a wonderful tribute you are quite inspirational and I echo what you said about what we get from this forum it's coming up to a year in November that I lost my Jon I think we all thought we would not make a month without them let alone 12 months but with family's like we have we got thought it ,I am sure you feel like me that the sadness and grief never goes away but we learn to live with it and around it .

Kind Regards to you and your lovely family .

EmmaR x

Oh Julia,

I have watched your video 3 times, and each time I cried more. What a wonderful and moving tribute. You look so very happy together and have a wonderful successful family. I hope you see Ray in your children and are constantly reminded what a great man he was.

Hope you was able to also smile today at some happy memories.

Leila xx

Thanks for all your lovely comments!

I must say putting the little film together has really helped me. It made me focus on all the positives of Ray's life and that can only be good.

Much love to you all still on this path.

Julia x

Edited by J_T

Hello Julia

I thought your tribute and thoughts were so fitting for your lovely husband. I am approaching our first wedding anniversary on Saturday that I have not had Terry with me. I am dreading this more than Christmas Day (the day he died) but I have no idea why. They say time does heal but it doesn't feel like it this week. I do have good days but having some bad ones at the moment. I just try and focus on the fact that I was extremely lucky to have been married to him for 32 happy years. I did shed a tear when I watched your film but I also felt you could feel the love coming from your photos. Hope all goes well in the future for you and your family. Lyn xx

Thank you Lyn, that's so nice of you. I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time recently but I do understand. Grief is individual and doesn't follow any rules. The anniversary that really challenged me was my birthday this year. I woke up feeling really gloomy and upset and not wanting to get out of bed, and of course the first one without Ray. I remember so well last year that he was SO ill but got one of my children to get a card for me and he wrote a lovely message in his then very shaky handwriting. I treasure it and look at it often. He died 10 days later.

As I said I can't tell you how much making this film has helped me remember the good times.

Much love to you Lyn.

Julia xxx

Totally beautiful Julia, I have tears streaming down my face.The look of love in Rays eyes and yours is totally amazing, You had found your soul mate and not many people have such a wonderful life together.

We were both truly blessed .And have to try and remember the good times and not the illness.

Jem died a month ago.

love Jayne

xxx

Thank you Jayne. I am so sorry to hear of Jem's passing, I hadn't seen the post. I hope you are doing okay. be kind to yourself and yes, focus on the good times, it really helps.

Love

Julia x

Thanks Mark and yes, it is hard to believe. I know you like your walking in Northumberland. We were, and I still am, keen walkers and we spent a fab holiday in Budle Bay a few years ago.

Hope you are still well.

Julia x

Hi Julia

I don't post much but always come on to the forum to

check how people are doing. I cannot believe it is a year,

What a lovely tribute.

Cheryl xxxx