A message of thanks of behalf of Linda

LindaH

Dear all at the forum

I am Natalie, Linda's daughter.

My mum sadly lost her battle on the 22nd of December.

But this message is more of thanks to you all. She always spoke of the support she got from everyone here, and the friends she made. You all managed to keep her spirits up and her heart filled with hope for a brighter future for everyone struggling with this disease.

I would like to now try and take on her challenge of making awareness and hopefully ultimately beating this disease once and for all.

I wish you all the best for the future, carry on your own battles for her too, and never give up hope. Make every day the best you can, and live life just the way you want to.

Keep supporting each other.

With many best wishes

Natalie

Hi there Natalie,

Your Mum was obviously a very strong and special lady, and you must be very proud of her, as she was clearly very proud of you. I know she already very much missed here and am sure losing her has been unbearably hard for you and your Dad.

Good luck with your challenge. Thinking of you,

Nikki

Hello Natalie

I was so, so sad to hear about Linda's passing. She was an inspiration here, always researching and never ever giving up hope. I listened to her interview on the radio and she was wonderful.

She spoke about you often and with such affection and love, she was so proud of you.

Sending my deepest condolences to you and your dad.

Julia x

Dear Natalie

Thanks for posting and your kind words. I'm so very sorry to hear of Linda's passing, she was truly a lovely person. Sincere condolences to you and all your family on your loss.

Love and Peace

Mike

Thank you Natalie for thinking of us and posting on your mothers behalf she was a very forthright and helpful lady and we miss her input to the forum ,she was very proud of you so you and your dad take care .

EmmaR x

Hi Natalie

Your mum was a very brave lady and her love for her family shone through her posts. I lost my mum in august and have also vowed to raise awareness and raise funds to try and find a cure for this vile disease. I check into the forum often as I find it gives me some comfort.

Take care

Dawn

X

Hi Natalie,

Was so sorry to read of your moms passing, she was a truly inspriational lady and clearly loved her family very much, my thoughts and prayers are with you all at this sad time ..

Love and hugz

Marie

xx

Hi Natalie

I'm very sorry to hear of your mum passing away.

This disease is awful and needs research and awareness to move on,I lost my 43 year old husband Mick in November to this dreadful disease,despite the brave battle he fought to stay in mine and our 3 sons lives!18 months ago I had not really heard of this disease and I too am trying to raise as much money and awareness as I can of this cancer so other people do not have to walk the path we have.

Sending you love and strength

Sue

X

Carole McGregor

Hi Natalie

Your mum was such a brave lady. Her posts on this forum were always so honest. For those of us, like me, who were supporting someone through this awful illness, she gave us a unique and invaluable insight into how our loved one must be feeling and for that, I will be eternally grateful.

I suspect that you are more than a chip off the old block and your mum would be so proud of your determination to do something for others suffering from this disease.

Much love to you and your family

Carole

Hi Natalie,

I can really only echo what the others have said. I also listened to your mum on the radio and chatted to her on the live talk. I remember reading in November that her pain had increased and another scan was planned and I had been wondering how things were until I saw the post the other day. I lost my husband to PC on 12 th december and you lost your mum the day before his funeral. Like your mum things changed suddenly for him too.

Your mum always talked about you with such love and affection and I am sure she would be very proud of you now. I know things will be very difficult for all of you right now and I send you lots of love and support.

Bee xx

Hello Natalie,

I would like to echo the comments made by other members of the forum. Your Mum was a true inspiration for others. My husband's battle with this disease started in April last year but PC wasn't confirmed until July. I, like many others, used this forum for advice, guidance and support and your Mum's positive attitude and determination gave us hope. Sadly, my husband lost his battle in September, so my daughters and myself understand how you and your Dad are feeling right now. Stay strong for each other and know that she touched the lives of so many on this forum too.

Thinking of you,

Hilary x

Natalie, I think our friends on this forum have said it all in the entries above. Linda was obviously a very special person who's determnation was quite infectious. She certainly made a difference within this forum and fought not only for herself, but for the rest of us as well. I hope the funeral went well and that the attendees were suitanly adorned in bright clothing as Linda wished. It is obviously a very difficult time for you and your Dad, but I am certain you have so many happy memories of your Mum to help you through.

Take care and if there is anything we can do to help in the future, you know where we are.

Steve

X

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Thank you Natalie for coming onto post in remembrance of your mum.

We had much contact with her, on the forums, via live chat, but in particular, via email. She was a truly courageous lady. She did give us all some laughs, and was always sensitive to others, despite her own situation. And yes, she did mention you and your dad often, and how proud of you she was, though I am certain she told you this anyhow.

Sending our best wishes to you and your dad, an d the whole family.

Jeni and Dianne,

Support Nurses.