Husband Diagnosed by GP with PC

mkdons

Can anyone give me advise as my husband was diagnosed after 5 months of severe back ache. Doctors continued throughout to up is Pain relief, never considered anything else, just muscle pain,even though his bloods of ALK and ALP Were sky high on the two occassions they were taken. Following an requested Ultrasound abnormalties were found and a CT scan was ordered, this was prioritied as Low. Jaundice came before the CT Scan date therefore was admitted to AE. Anyway a CT Scan finally told us the news we did not want to here PC in head and neck and blocking bile duct, with 7 mestateses on Liver. After meeting of MDT, the Mcmillan Nurse telephoned to say that the operation was unoperable and Chemo and a PCT to unblock the bile duct to to get rid of the jaundice would be given. My question is how can they check that the Liver Mestatess are malignant without a biopsy, or is ot me being stupid. My husband has an appointment next week to discuss, but he does not want to know what time they think he has nor do I.. He feels well in himself except for the Jaundice but that doesnt worry him. I have read some of the stories on here and it gives us hope. He has been treated so wrong by GP practice, they were so ignorant of the possibe cause. Is a biopsy not needed please advise.

Hi and so sorry to hear about your husband. I will leave our lovely Jeni to contact you with her expert advice but just wanted to offer some support and let you know that you are not alone - this forum is full of people in a similar situation or, like me, having travelled the path you are now on. It is a worrying and frightening place to be and you are obviously still at the point where you are not sure exactly what you are faced with and what options are available to help. Do contact us if you need our support or have any questions - we will do our very best to help and the support team are fantastic. Sending you lots of love.

Deb

x

Hi,

I felt the same as you. The doctor came to me whilst I was in my hospital bed and told me my tumour - in my pancreas - was inoperable. I said to him, well how do you know the tumour isn't benign? I could only presume it was his years of experience.

I did have a biopsy and have been told it is a cancer tumour.

I still await to hear from the meetings what they are going to do to help me. Obviously, I want the darn thing cut out, get rid.....I live in hope.

I wish you and your husband well and I can only reiterate what Deb says, because I have had amazing help from PC.co.uk and I have learned more within the last two weeks of signing into PC.co.uk than I have learned since coming out of hospital on December 12th.

Linda x