Manuka Honey for Chemo

Ezobor

Hey Guys

Just wanted to know if any one had any advice or tips on using Manuka honey whilst on Chemo.

My dad is currently on a medical trail drug for Pancreas Cancer and it's made him so ill he can't keep anything down. Whilst in the hospital last weekend another patient said he had been using Manuka honey medical strength for counteracting the effects of Chemo.

I just wondered if anyone had used it? If so did it help and what strength did you use? I'm prepared to try anything as it's his first week of this neew drug and hes so ill from it it's gonna make it hard for him to carry on! :shock:

Hi

I would always get advice before taking anything that may affect chemo,I've heard of manuka honey being a good antiseptic and being used to aid wound healing due to some active ingredient present.I think anything below a 10+ is not classed as beneficial.

Maybe email Dianne or Jeni first but they will not be able to answer over the weekend.

I'd be interested to hear their thoughts.

Sue

X