So we went to see Ted's consultant today....

Nardobd

The news isn't good. His tumour markers are higher than they have ever been.

Ted's been having some problems eating: intermittent pain, nausea, gagging on food, bloating etc. The consultant thinks this may be due to the progression of his cancer, even though none of the symptoms are consistent.

The next step is a CT scan "ASAP" but the consultant is so convinced, he's already making chemo appointments for after the scan - a new regime to Ted, FULFOX6. That means two days of chemo every two weeks and then 11/12 days off.

I can't help thinking this is the beginning of the end...

Nicki

Oh nicki, I'm sorry to hear this. Please don't think this way, Ted will have chemo even if it has spread, I know its hard to be positive, but try and have the best Christmas ever, do all the Things that you have both wanted to do, but never quite got round to it. I really am praying that things are not as bleak as you think. Love louie x

hi nicki

so sorry that you are feeling so anxious, what can i say, you will deal with whatever gets thrown at you, cos thats what we do, isnt it? take a deep breath, give ted a big gentle hug and carry on, eh!, thinking of you love laura xx

Nicki

Come on my lovely, where's that fighting spirit? Your a rock to many on here, you and Ted, chin up, and we're all behind you.

Positive thinking

Much love

Lynbo xxx

Hi Nicki

Lynbo is right , I have read so many of your posts even the very old ones and it has given me hope so dont give up now. THe good news is the are offering chemo to keep it a bay, that has to be worth something

Sending you a e-hug and lots of positive energy

Thank you all...It was devestating news yesterday but today we are able to start to bounce back. We've decided that we are going to treat this as we have done all along: namely ignoring the dratted thing so far as possible! After all, it might eventually get bored and just go away!!!

Seriously, as mentioned, at least they are offering chemo, so we have something to cling to. I know that compared to many others on these forums we have been very, very lucky to date and all I can hope is that whatever we were/are doing right continues to work to give us more time together.

Nicki