High Intensity Focused Ultrasound

looloo1

Hello I was unsure where to post this so hope this is an ok place! I had the rarer neuroendocrine tumour of the pancreas in 2006, with so far no recurrence. Istill like to read about pancreatic cancer cures and developments.

I cam across an article in the Daily Mail today (26 june) and there is an interesting stroy about the use of HIFU on tumours. The article explains the treatment a rare tumour of the spine called a chordoma. But the lady who received this new treatment (as apalliative treatment not cure) has had fantastic results and the surgeon stated that it can be used to destroy tumours in the liver, kidney and prostrate and has been used to treat pancreatic cancer to relieve symptoms.

It is CE approved meaning it can be used privately in this country, it is not yet NICE approved meaning no available on the NHS.

The procedure for this particular lady cost 12,500 and the website address is www.hifu.cancertreatment.co.uk

Hope this can be of help to someone!

My mum also read this article and emailed them and next day received a very useful and informative reply. My stepdad has pc and is on a drug trial at the moment but when that is over he may be suitable for this ultrasound treatment.