Folfirinox & Hair Loss

Marieb

Hi all

I am about to start my first cycle of Folffirinox and wanted to know your experiences of hair loss.

Is it something that happens quickly?

Marie x

Hi Marie, my husband has had 5 cycles and although his hair has thinned, he still has plenty and I would say that it's been a gradual process. Good luck.

Sue

Hi Marie my Mum's hair thinned gradually and after 6 treatments she bought herself a wig! We did have a laugh in the shop because it just didn't look like her . I think the lady who was helping her thought I was a horrible daughter because I just found it amusing. When she found the right one though it was fine!

Mum's hair grew back quickly during her chemo break although it is curly one side and straight the other now.

There are some wonderful wigs around and sometimes you can't tell the difference!

Love Sue x

Thank you both, I had read another post where the persons hair fell out very quickly so I just want to prepare myself for it.

When I was diagnosed I broke the news to my kids and we all had a good laugh about me going bald. They have decided they will buy washable markers and write silly messages on my head whilst I am asleep...such supportive children lol.

Marie

Hi Marie,

My Dad's hair darkened quite a lot, especially around the back. He lost body hair, the bath always had quite a lot in after he had got out. His head hair did get quite brittle, especially when he was on folfox.

Leila xx

One person recently told me not to go down the root of shaving my head when it starts to fall out as it can be more sore. Not sure there is any truth in that...anyone know?

Carl's hair fell out completely in one go, was there one min then all gone but he had severe reactions to the chemo. 2nd time around it thinned but didnt fall out like the 1st time. I would expect you to find shaving the head sore as I think the scalp is going to be a bit sensitive but everyone is different and just see how it goes.

Rob

x