One lady's bucket list

washingtonmike

washingtonmike

Hi gentle folk: I'll try to copy the text and move it to a private website. Don't know if it'll work or not but it's worth the attempt. I'll post the link and someone from your side can give it a try (more than one way to skin a cat :))

On a personal note, I've been a bit peckish of late. But, I'm hanging in there, a deplorable expression from this side of the pond. Had a chemo break and then restarted with Oxalaplatin and Xeloda this past Thursday. CA19-9 was up in the 4,000's and have 3 new liver lesions, this while on Gemzar/Abraxane. Pain levels up a notch but we're doing okay with it for now. Still holding with codeine and not on opiates yet. Primary tumor remains relatively unchanged from onset a year ago May, thus the change to a new drug protocol. Appetite shot to pieces so forcing food down which, I'm pretty sure, reduces its efficacy.

Best wishes to all. Mike

Good things are sort of ok just keep on "hanging in there " as you said .

Best Wishes and sending you a ( hug )

EmmaR x

Ps do you still like Icecream sodas I remember you telling me in one of the first replies I had on here sadly my hubby lost his fight to this cruel disease but I still check up on the people who helped me though the dark times .

washingtonmike

Hi all: Thanks for the greetings and care; I rebate it back to you 110%.

BBC moved the original text overnight so it took some browsing to find it again.

Below are the links to the BBC website and to a simple text copy I put up this morning for those in GB who aren't able to view the original:

Original BBC: http://www.bbc.com/travel/feature/20140803-the-bloom-of-cancer/1

Text Copy: http://www.mlangford.us/index.html

I'll leave the copy up for a week or so and then remove it. Many thanks to BBC.

Cheers, Mike

washingtonmike

Julia, I haven't worked up the courage for that just yet, ; it's definitely something to keep in mind. Love your humor. Cheers, Mike