How long and how much will mum suffer

Mum2three

so sorry and thinking of you. Hope you get some comfort from knowing she is at peace now and no longer suffering and that you were with her at the end x

So sorry for your loss. I hope you find some comfort knowing your dear mum went to sleep knowing how much you and your family love her. Thinking of you all x

So sorry to hear your Mum has lost her fight, but take comfort that she is no longer in pain and her suffering is over. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Take care,

Hilary

Thank you all, the huge amount of replies means a lot. I've been feeling like I failed her and dad, as it was me who did the work in terms of finding out what help was out there and talking to, doctors, social workers etc. but in the end I failed at getting the one thing they wanted. I know this a normal grieving thing. In dads yesterday I noticed a calling card, the nurse had called to assess her bed, let's just say I used some bad language. I'll be happier when we've got her out of the hospital. I spent the first night thinking of her lying in a mortuary and wanting to carrying her out of there and put her in her own bed. Sometimes it feels like nothing has happened and she's just in hospital, if that makes sense, then it hits you she's gone.

My dad was like a trooper yesterday. He's thrown himself into organising and he's doing a fantastic job. Mam would be very proud of him. Thank you all again, I wasn't going to come in here again but I'm glad I did.

I have been away for a few days without access to a computer, so I have only just seen your news. I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your beloved mum, it is so sad that she couldn't get back home. I lost my mum 2 years ago, but I found solace in the fact that she was no longer suffering, and in pain. Your mum will live on in your heart forever its 50 years since my dad died, and yet he is still with me every day. You did everything you could for your mum its not your fault the NHS wheels turn so slowly, as everyone says be kind to yourself, your mum would want you to be I'm sure, take care and thinking of you all sandrax