Blood clots !!

EmmaR

Hello all ,

Had to call an ambulance out early hours on Sunday night Jon couldn't breath , well turns out he as blood clots on his lung he was getting more fatigued by the day well he is being kept in and given claxane injection,s and is on a drip I think it was June who mentioned her hubby had the same problem so if your are reading this June can you tell my how long before he started to feel better ? I am wondering is that the reason the onc thought he was not fit for chemo has he was very weak when we saw her had the clots started forming then am I clutching at straws the way I am thinking we are suppose to meet with the onc this Thursday but he maybe still in hospital , the dr at the hospital said she will drop the onc a line to see what's what's . So for going on a bit but you all know how much we worry .

EmmaR x

Hi there

Our dad was diagnosed with pulmonary emboli before the Pancreatic Cancer (!) and is on daily Claxane injections. He isn't being tested in terms of success of this treatment but it is likely that the treatment will be continued for 6 months in most cases.

Dad's breathlessness has worsened but this may well be due to the fast progression of the cancer as opposed to ineffectiveness of treatment for the clots.

Hope you get some help soon.

Best wishes

Aimie

Emma, I have been on Clexane for PE for some time but it was picked up before the symptoms even started through a timely routine CT scan. However, i know your specific question has come up before and Di/Jeni have the full answer on this one, so a quick call to them should do the trick. That said, there will probably be a flurry of informed responses from our friends here before you get chance to make the call.

Steve

X

Thanks Aimie & Steve

It 's good know other have taking things that have now been given to Jon . It's looks like he will have to have the injections for 6 mths , hope he will make that time as he is struggling just can't believe what he was doing 3mths ago and what his life is like now Scream , Scream ,and Scream some more .

Steve hope your recovery is going well and that your are able to enjoy the views of Swansea Bay ! One of our favourite walks used to be to park by the Civic Centre and walk to Mumbles .

Take Care

EmmaR x

Hi Emma

Jonathan had a blood clot in his arm in February so started clexane then. This continued to mid Sept where he was told he could discontinue.

The injections soon became routine for us and the clot seemed to clear pretty quickly.

Best of luck.

Cathy xx