John Hurt

Didge

RIP John Hurt. I remember him being diagnosed one month before Rob died. It seems that more and more people are being diagnosed unless it's just being reported more? Or is it my imagination? Anyone know the statistics of whether the incidence of pancreatic cancer is on the increase?

Lovely man and a superb actor. Every role he played was so different.

Not sure about statistics Didge, but every single headline today says the battle word. I hate it as much as I hate the journey word.

In a lot of cases, "battling" is completely inappropriate.

As you say, rest in peace Sir John.

Mo

I think you are right Veema because every time I open a paper or a magazine I see " pancreatic cancer ". As you say I am aware of it now.

Elaine

X

I think it is a mixture of things. An aging population is seeing an increase on PC. People getting more obese etc is seeing an increase. However, I think the main thing is that breast cancer etc had such high profiles that they put the money there and so there is not so many stories as they manage the disease, rather than it being terminal. PC is fast overtaking them and with little research, it is becoming more prominent. x

Spot on Dandy! Also, alcohol related liver failure is also a major contributor... now that women are drinking more we will see an increase in liver failure, PC and other related diseases. M x