Radio interview

Guest Fifi

Just wanted to let people know.

I have recently had my Dad's story put on a website to help raise awareness. One lady from the website has contacted me today to say BBC radio Lincolnshire have read my Dad's story and would like to do an interview with me on air, next Tuesday 19th January.

I have accepted, and I am petrified, but I am doing it for my Dad and everyone else going through this horrible time.

The interview will be about GP's misdiagnosing and what a late diagnosis means.

If just one person hears, and will push their GP, and get diagnosed early, then that is more time with their loved ones, and as we all know, that time is so very precious.

Leila xx

That's brilliant news Leila, as you say if it helps raise awareness and helps with prognosis for at least one person you will have done your dad proud. I would like to listen to it too

Hope all goes well

Alison x

this is good Leila, be sure to post the link here when it's on.

There was a small item on the news tonight about PCRF's new tissue bank.

Did you know Alan Rickman died of pc? :(

Thank you everyone. You are all so lovely.

My Dad's friends all know I am doing it, and say my Dad would be prouder than he already was, which means everything.

I will try and record the interview somehow and post it here.

J_T, no, I didn't know Alan Rickman died of pancreatic cancer. I think it sadly takes famous people to die of it, to be brought to peoples minds, and to realise, someting NEEDS to be done.

Leila xx

Hi, Hope the interview went well. Your Dad would be so proud and we need to help the world fight this awful disease. We need people to listen. Keep up the great work xx

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

Unfortunately, the radio station decided they didn't want to go ahead with the interview. I had to find this information myself. At least some TV and radio station did do interviews to raise awareness.

I am very upset about this, and I must say a little embarrassed. Not only did I write it here, but I told all my Dad's friends who interested to hear it.

I am very sorry to all that this didn't happen, I am very disappointed

Leila xx

Hi Leila,

That is a Shame but don't feel bad or embarrassed it is not your fault! You were willing and that is all that matters. Hope you are ok.

Love Sue x

Don't be embarrassed Leila! I used to work in media and their plans change from minute to minute sometimes. I did hear that there were some awareness interviews on other radio stations, none of which I heard, but the point is, even telling people that you were supposed to do the interview raised awareness! xx

Don't feel at all embarrassed Leila its their loss, you agreed to do it and that's what counts but I understand your disappointment after psyching yourself up. take care love sandrax xx