A forum for any other issues around pancreatic cancer

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Lisa Kelly

Re: Reaching out

Postby Lisa Kelly » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:34 pm

Roller coaster!
As I have posted before,mad is getting weaker by the hour. Yesterday at 8pm he felt he needed the loo, so 2 of my brothers assisted him from his bed to the bathroom. As they made his way back, dad's legs gave way and he came over all weak and distressed. He felt sure that it was the "end". We gathered at his bedside, shared our love and memories etc...we also made sure it was ok for him to let go if he felt it was time. Less than 2hrs later he became more responsive and said he was proud of us and (I quote) "pleased none of the 6 of us had ever landed on. Jeremy Kyle episode..." Rapturous laughter rang through out the bungalow.

Through the night and today it has been more sleeping, with talking in his sleep, reaching for stuff, being a little confused but still responding to us. Very little fluid intake but he seems comfortable enough. He has been home a week now and we are still waiting for a Macmillan nurse to visit, we just want reassurance that what we are doing is good enough etc and, if possible, an idea of the probable time that we have left together.

Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts, they do provide us with comfort and strength.

X

Lisa Kelly

Postby Lisa Kelly » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:40 am

Sadly, my dad passed away on the 11th August surrounded by his loving family. His wishes were followed throughout his last 3 weeks of life, we find some comfort in this. The last 3 days were exceptionally traumatic but the palliative nurse team were great. We hope that he didn't suff and wasn't in pain but we won't ever truly know. We do know that he knew he was surrounded by his loving wife and his children.
This awful disease has taken another husband, dad, granddad, brother, uncle and friend...

WilliamS

Postby WilliamS » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:18 am

So sorry for your loss Lisa. Thinking of you and your family.

jay

Postby jay » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:03 am

I am so sorry Lisa,
love Jayne
x

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:29 am

I am truly sorry Lisa. Sending you lots of love and strength.
Sue xxx

EmmaR

Postby EmmaR » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:10 am

RIP Lisa 's Dad

Emma x

Didge

Postby Didge » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:39 pm

I am so sorry to hear the news x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:13 pm

Very very sorry to read about your lovely Dad.
I hope in time to come, you can take comfort from the fact that you were with him when he passed.
Incredibly tough times ahead, I hope you have a loving family that can guide you through.

Leila xxx