cashing in your life insurance before you die

LindaH

I'm not sure if it is well known, which came to me from Macmillan, if you have a terminal disease of which Pancreatic Cancer is one, you maybe able to cash your life policy in to use before you die.

The catch is - perhaps not the correct terminology; sorry -, you have to be presumed to die within the year, but of course with Pancreatic Cancer being such an illness that people can die within a year of diagnoses, perhaps it might be something you wish to think about.

I have applied, I don't know if I'll be eligible, but I can but try. I would just like to be able to pay for my own funeral and make sure that my family have the money in the bank to help them when I've passed on.

I hate thinking about it, but needs must.

Linda.

Horrible thing to have to think about but you are right Linda. We have just cashed a pension in and had to have a covering letter from the oncologist to do this. Worth checking the small print of all pensions etc