Having a bad day

jordan

I lost my wonderful mam in december to pancreatic cancer (which had spread to liver )she started chemo in the august but was too ill to carry on with it and decided to stop and try to make the best of what time we all had together.We all have lovely memories and very special times together.I miss her so terribly as we were best friends also.i saw her everyday,and my children and husband worshipped her.I know shes out of her pain and at peace but i miss her so.

• 1 month later...
PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Jordan,

Just been reading your post. Sorry that it has taken a while for this to appear, but I just wanted to say thinking of you.I know you had a bad day, and I hope you are feeling a bit brighter since then.

It is so sad when you are best friends with someone also. It makes it like a double loss.

Have you ever had any counselling or bereavement support?

Best wishes,

Jeni.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeni,

Thankyou for your reply,i am trying to keep myself busy at the moment(seems to help).

I havent had any counselling or bereavement support,but it is something i will think about.We are lucky to have a brilliant hospise in my town ,where they do offer counselling,but i am trying to remember all our lovely times and smile,and i am feeling more positive

Thanks

Jordan x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Jordan,

It is really good that you are feeling brighter these days.

It is always good when you have fond memories to look back on.

Time is a great healer, and none of this can be rushed.

I bet you are busy preparing for Christmas, and all that entails.

Just don't get too bust to look after yourself too.

the hospice sounds like a good fall back, if you decide to avail of it.

Jeni.