Advice re nanoknife

Joanna

Joanna, I would say take a good multivitamin and with dad I always give he strong B vitamins to protect against fatigue and neuropathy. If you do this though increase gradually or you get the niacin flush which is harmless but will freak out. My thread does say somewhere the ones I give dad in drop form and I did a quarter of the dose and upped a quarter each week. I truly believe the b vitamins have helped my dad as he is now the last one on the trial still tolerating abraxane and the others we saw were in a bad way before they got taken off the abraxane. It is particularly B12 that I was going for. The doctors on the trial are surprised he is is still tolerating well.

I also agree a good walk does help with energy levels but in the early days my dad could not manage that at all.

The only other thing we found helpful was the anti depressants. If he is feeling particularly tired and wants to do something he also takes a steroid but they can wreak havoc on blood sugar in some.

Saying all of the above, my dads energy have not gone up to anywhere near what he was. He was a very strong man and con now do about 2 hours max on my sons bedroom and needs a rest day in-between. The crazy man is up there now lobbing bits of wood out of the window (too tired for clearing up as well!). But, this is well forwards from the man underneath a blanket 24/7 and who nearly quit a couple of months into it all after having the most shocking melt down.

I would just say keep trying this and that and hopefully there will be an individual solution to help your dad but it really is trial and error.

xxx

Joanna I just wanted to say as well that dad, even though he gets tired from doing decorating and over exertion, does have a nice quality of life now. He just gets tired but is quite happy to read, snooze, potter about, snooze, walk, snooze... etc etc. He is not exhausted like he was. So, although I said we never got him back to strength, he is good and things are okay.

I was sorry also to hear about your dad's progression on the trial. That must have been disappointing for you all. As my dad's exhaustion came from Abraxane I am hoping he may be one of these that tolerates The Fox when his time comes.

Hopefully your dad will respond to the Fox. I also wanted to mention that when my dad got overly tired one time we found out it was infection as he got more tired over a few days - I am sure you are watching for this but just in case because there was no temperature with my dad until he literally went down hill in front of us.

I wish I had more experience of Folfirinox to offer up our knowledge but I can only go from the Abraxane side of things and my dad's extreme side effects of this at the beginning.

Thanks Dandygal for your help. I am trying to get him to take a few extra vitamins but is very difficult given that he takes quite a few other tablets anyway, he finds it hard to have to take even more! Yeh my dad is also on antidepressants now and on steroids.

Thats really good news your dad is still doing well on the abraxane. It sounds like he's doing amazing with being able to work on your sons bedroom.

Yes it was very disappointing when he was progessing on the trial. Am hoping the folfrinox is going to work. He's also having the nano-knife next week.