Bye dad :(

vickicoco

I'm really sad at the moment. My dad passed away on Monday after battling with pancreatic cancer since last August. He was only 60 and never had a days illness in his life into now. I'm finding it so hard to accept he's gone even though we knew it was going to happen. I'm trying to stay positive and support my siblings and mum. I'm looking for advice plz x

So sorry to hear this, my mum passed away nearly a year ago - 11 weeks after diagnosis. It's a terrible disease.

People will tell you lots of different things, but what I do know is let yourself grieve, cherish the memories and even though you won't feel like it at the moment it does get easier. At the beginning I didn't allow myself to think for too long about my mum, it was too painful and made me cry. I can think about her now, and I do all the time, and even though it makes me sad I don't cry.

Take care and lots of love,

Cate Xxxx

I am so sorry to hear your news. PC is a terrible disease and is hard to understand. My Mum is fighting it at the moment and I completely understand what you have been through! Everybody grieves differently and you are probably still in shock! You have to deal with it in whatever way is best for you. It is fantastic you are supporting your Mum and siblings but find time for yourself as well.

Take Care,

Love Sue x