Christmas

Ellie

Hi everyone

I know it's not going to be a great time for everyone on here, but can I just wish you all the best for Christmas. I imagine it will be an awful time for some, so I wish you a little peace and comfort. For those who have been lucky, like my husband, I wish you happy times with your families.

Love & Best wishes

Ellie

xx

Ellie ,Many thanks and I wish the best for everone in the next few days to enjoy as much as they can,I know we are going to try.Love to you all xxx Karen

Hi everyone!

How was Christmas for you all? Hope some of you managed to enjoy it. I realise what Lorraine is going through, and my heart goes out to her, so this message is for anyone wanting some encouragement and hope for their loved ones.

Considering everything my family has been through this year, it was one of the best Christmases ever. It wasn't about presents, or parties, but really enjoying being together as a family, enjoying simple, quiet days in, small outings, nice meals at home etc. I think we all appreciated how very lucky we were to have my husband around to enjoy it with us and I certainly gave thanks for him recovering so well up to now. He had a week off from his chemo, so was able to enjoy a lovely Christmas dinner.

We also celebrated his 58th birthday yesterday with a meal out. My daughter was up from Cornwall, so that made it all special, even though she is suffering from ill health (could be coeliac disease, brought on by the stress of her dad's cancer). I think we worried more about her, than we did my husband! She was certainly ill more than he was.

A New Year is a time for new beginnings and new hope, so I wanted to send this message to tell anyone who is going through the bad times that there IS hope. I know I can't say my husband has recovered completely and it will be a long time before we can possibly do so, but - for now - he is doing great!

So, my thoughts are with Lorraine, and anyone else whose loved one is suffering, but Gill - hope your Dad had a good Christmas, same to Karen - how did your Dad's scan go today? Did you get any news? Wishing you both a much happier New Year and a healthier one for all our families.

I will think of you all at midnight on New Year's Eve and raise a glass to us all, hoping for good health, good luck and a much brighter and happier 2009.

Love and best wishes

Ellie

xx

Hi everyone

I may be doing through some bad times right now, but i will, like ellie lift my glass on new years eve, and think and pray for you all that 2009 is a better year .

Lorraine x

Ellie I'm so glad your christmas was like that,I do know what you mean ours seemed to be a different feel to it,but not depressing or anything like that and it was good.He had his chemo on monday and his scan yesterday with results coming back next thursday(8th) but it seems he put on 3lb over christmas which we are hoping is good news so therefore we are hoping that it is a good sign for the scan results.We are having a quiet new year ansd so is mum and dad. I think our thoughts will be with each of us tonight and we do know that through this fantastic site that we are here for any of us,as you have all been for me Thankyou very much for that.Love Karen Xxx