hubbys 8 weeks post opp suffering heartburn and sickness

alison vickerman

alison vickerman

Last week my hubby had a terrible bug sickness and diarrhoea for 24 hours but wiped out for 3 days in bed the last 4 days hes suffered with heartburn when he eats and has been sick twice both at bed time he is having another scan in 2 weeks as he is in quite a bit of pain most of the time and is bloated just wondered if anybody else had problems like there after there operations from alison

Well it could just be the aftermath of the bug. Often people do get complications from the op too - depends what was done and also an amount of good or bad luch too. Hopefully the scan will show if there are any physical problems.

Hi Alison,

Sorry to hear your husband is suffering. My husband had all the same symptoms post surgery, it is the most major surgery you can have, and recovery can take a while, as the digestive system goes on a go slow.

Is your husband on Omperazole? We increased this to 2 tablets twice a day, and Paul makes sure he has it first thing in the morning, before eating, and before dinner at night. That helps with the heart burn, and the pain. He also takes gaviscon after all his food. The bloating and diarrhoea for Paul still comes and goes, and often the bloating gets worse when he has a lot of diarrhoea.

Have you got a follow up with the surgeon? If these symptoms continue it may be worth seeing him again to see if he has any ideas, and to be reassured everything is ok.

Hope he feels better soon,

Nikki

• 1 month later...
alison vickerman

Oh my god no happy new year for us found out today my hubby has an abnormality on whats left of his pancreas dont know what is yet seeing his surgeon next monday both of us feeling sick nowand dreading whats to come !

Hi Alison, just read your upsetting news. My thoughts are with you. I had distal pancreatectomy in August and am now suffering more and more with heartburn sickness and unpredictable bowel movements. I go back to see my consultant a week today and hopefully with have a scan

Hope things are ok for you, let us know.

Love and hugs Sue

Hi Alison, sorry to hear your news, lets hope its nothing sinister, as I know you found your husband's tumour was not malignant. My husband Trevor, was lucky in the respect he got over his surgery well, but his tumour spread to his liver, we too have not had good news, so no Happy New Year for us either, all the best for the New Year take care sandrax