our battle is lost

cbrooks

Thanks Julia, he wanted to go in the end, he was in hospital for the last month and so fed up of being pulled around he decided that enough was enough and stopped all medical intervention and passed peacefully. Hard for us all to handle but at least he is not in pain anymore x

So very sad to hear your news Cath. I had wondered how things were going, but this thing is so hard to fight. I hope your dear Dad did not suffer too much.

Thinking about you and your family at this most difficult of times.

Steve

X

Catherine, so sorry to hear your sad news of the loss of your beloved dad, thinking of you and all your family take care sandrax

Go green sue

So sorry for your sad loss. I lost my mum to this dreadful disease 22 years ago and though you never forget time does help you come to terms with your loss. I am now facing the same journey and having my distal pancreas removed tomorrow.

My thoughts are with you. Sue

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Cath,

So sorry as like everyone else to hear the sad news of your dad's passing. May he rest in peace.

Please accept our sincere condolences on behalf of the whole charity.

Kind regards,

Jeni, Support Team.

Thankyou everyone for your kind works. Steve, never got to catch up with you unfortunately, The last few months have been a total nightmare. Chemo was never successful, He had a aortic valve replacement 8 years ago, and the chemo seemed to agrivate that. He only had a few sessions, then had a mild heart attack, stopped treatment then got hospitalised due to hypocalcaemia, then had endocarditis infection from bacteria on his replacement valve. He was due to come home (his last wish) last Friday then he wanted to go to die in Ty Olwen hospice. We had the house all sorted with hospital bed etc. Thursday he was so excited to come home and had a really upbeat day, He had come off all meds from Wednesday in hospital, after being pumped with every antibiotic available, they even stopped his warfarin, (by his request) he just wanted to die. Friday morning we went to hospital for a meeting with palliative care, and I walked into his room and he had a 'death' look about him. his face had sunk in and he had given up the ghost. He was still only having paracetamol at this point. He said he was in terrible pain so they gave some oramorph via mouth, then a morphine injection and put him on a driver, and he slipped away an hour later with us all there holding his hand telling him how much we loved him. He was so Brave. I think his heart just gave up in the end. An hour before I had only been talking to him about cars and life..he was totally lucid up unti his last breath. What a peacefull way to go, just what he wanted.

I have not been on the forum for a while but just wanted to tell you all how much it helped us on our journey, reading your stories and tips even when I didn't comment, I would read them to dad and it would give us hope.

May I wish you all well and luck for the future. Amongst the bad stories there are good ones too. Every one is different and individual.

My dad requested that his donations from the funeral go to Pancreatic Cancer Uk, Jeni we have set up a justgiving page and I will get in touch with you soon to send other money over aswell. You do a fantastic job. Surely in this day and age there must be more that they can do for pancreatic cancer research.

lots of love to you all and thankyou. I will still browse throught the forum mind..... you don't get rid of me that easily!!! xxx Cath xxx

Hi Cath,

I am pleased your beloved Dad had a good death if you understand what I mean, this forum is such a help to everyone and I wish more people would take part as I am sure it would help many more. Its lovely that you are donating to PC UK, they do a great job helping us all.

Love to you and all your family, and please continue to post we need your input too, take care sandrax