At Last We Start

wackywacky

wackywacky

Well the day as arrived YES we started Chemo (Gemcitabine and Abraxane ) both drugs given through a cannula and some anti sickness stuff also. They have sent us home with Domperidne to take for next 3days to prevent sickness. All went well he feels fine, so went shopping got home had some tea said felt tired went to bed now up waiting for football to start, bit of an anti climax with everything we have gone through up to now not use to things going as they should,. So lets see if anything happens, thermometer ready, 100% alchol free moth wash got, gloves ready for tingling fingers, bucket just in case tablets don't work, tel number on speed dial and beloved been told if feels different at all to speak out (as if he will) Go next Tuesday have bloods done if ok have chemo again on Tuesday. Hope everybody is coping the best they can with this crap x

Great news wacky.

Not familiar with Abraxane but Gemcitabine is a fairly side effect free chemo. My dad feels sick the next day, and after 3 days his appetite gets a little low but it soon passes. Hope your husband copes just as well.

(Edit, deleted last line as it was for someone different, got wires crossed)

Leila xx

Glad you have finally got started with the treatment, you certainly sound as though you have everything covered, hope beloved has minimal side effects, and that he's ok for next week, take care sandrax

wackywacky

Thanks ladies, still not turned green lol, feels fine, out doing garden,what more can I ask for, but iam a lass whos glass is always half empty and not half full we will see what happens x

Well been sat waiting all week for something to happen after the chemo but all that's happened is itching which he says is ok and he can manage, that's good in my book, but on the down side pain not good what we have had all time since this all began. Yesterday he was irritable and had to have oramorph as well as his normal pain killers during the day, and last night he as hardly slept and had to have more oramorph, hes come down stairs this morning pain seems to be ok but shattered so looks as if he going back to bed once forced food down him cant have him loosing any more weight. Well we will have to see what Tuesday brings. Love to everybody x

Glad that your treatment has begun! With my mum the side effects built up over the weeks. By the 3rd week she was quite sickly and had to start taking her sickness meds 3 times a day, she is a lot better with that now and barely has any nausea. (she is only on gemcitabine) she would be quite energetic on the day of chemo and the following day then be very tired the next 3 days. A pattern does begin to emerge so you can plan around that! She was planning days out on the day after chemo as that was her best day of the week!

Deb

Hi to you all, update. We went Tuesday had bloods done waited for results, bloods ok, then waited again till chemo made, then had chemo. In total out of house 7 hours, so note to ones self Tuesdays are a right off. Turns out itching due to oramorph, but not using at moment as 40mg of zomorph seems to be doing the trick for the pain. Ok side affects in other halfs words *feel strange going for a hour* he as said this on both Wednesdays but one hour as been 3 hours sleep in the afternoon. Thats all we have had, we do take the anti sickness tablets for 3 days just to be on the safe side. So far so good, says hes playing golf tomorrow a day of rest for me lol

That's great news, I found that Trevor did that day 5 I think was the worst, he would just sit down for 10 mins and then be asleep for 3 hours, but hey ho we can cope with that. Trevor had to stop taking the steroid after round 3 as his blood sugar rose alarmingly, take care sandrax