A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Sueoliver

Re: Mum's diagnosis

Postby Sueoliver » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:33 pm

All I want to say is Thankyou everyone you keep me going. Xxx

LMD

Postby LMD » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:50 pm

Hello Sue
So sorry to read about your friend. Hoping your mum is being kept comfortable and that you are as ok as you can be. Sending love your way xxx

Ant11

Postby Ant11 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:56 am

Dear Sue, think of you and your Mum often. You have and continue to be such a great support to everyone on here. Sending much love, and strength xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:22 pm

Quick update...I have just got home from the hospice and Mum is comfortable tonight and peaceful. We had a scare yesterday as she was very tired and not very responsive to anyone. In the evening her breathing was laboured and the night staff said she had all the signs that she could go at anytime. It was a long night but she is still here. This is hard and to be honest I'm not functioning very well at the moment. This is having a huge impact on everyone!
My poor poor Mum just doesn't deserve any of this and it has got to the point where it is just cruel!
Love to everyone and Thankyou for your continued support.
Love Sue xxx

kittycat

Postby kittycat » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:33 pm

Thinking of you Sue at this dreadful time.

Sue

boa

Postby boa » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:32 am

Sue, this is a hard time for you as you watch over your Mum. It's difficult, I know, but try to remain positive. Catherine.

Didge

Postby Didge » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:53 am

Sue, when Rob's breathing became very rattly almost 2 weeks before he died and I was advised not to go home, I managed to sit him up and pat his back and he coughed and cleared his throat and then seemed to 'come round'. This might be different from your mum's breathing problems though. I am thinking of you a lot! You are doing so well and it is indeed a hard road as you don't want them to go but it is hard to see them so ill. Doesn't sound like your mum is suffering too much though. Just be there as much as you can for when she is more responsive, that's all you can do. Sending you lots of love xxx

allyc1

Postby allyc1 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:00 am

Stay strong Sue, your mum knows your there, thinking of you I know what your going through
Alison xx

jay

Postby jay » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 am

Thinking of you Sue,
hugs Jayne
x

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:13 pm

Hello Sue

I am new to this forum and will be posting my husband's story shortly but I've been following your story before becoming a member and my heart goes out to you. I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and your Mum and hope you can stay strong.

PW xx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated Sue, you know we are all thinking of you love sandrax xx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi Sue,

When you say your Mum is struggling with breathing, do you mean she's finding it hard to catch her breath, or that she has secretions?
I know when my Dad started having secretions, like Didge, I didn't leave his side then. I'm 100% positive Dad didn't realise he was having them.
When they inserted the syringe driver, I remember telling Dad what medications was in there. I told him one was for his tickly throat, and he frowned at me.

I don't think you mean your Mum has secretions though do you?

Can you take the paper in, or magazines, and just and read to your Mum, the times she isn't very responsive?

Leila xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi everyone,
I am sorry to post this and it breaks my heart! Mum passed away this morning about 1130a.m she fought to the end! I don't think she wanted to leave us but I know she is now pain free and she doesn't have to fight this dreadful disease anymore.
God Bless you all on this forum.
Love to everyone,
Sue xxx

boa

Postby boa » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Sue, it is heart breaking but your Mum did everything to stay with you and you have been a wonderful support to her. I know that you will have wonderful memories. Catherine

Wife&Mum

Postby Wife&Mum » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:19 pm

My sincere condolences. I've followed your story on the forum and your dear Mum sounded amazing, I hope you find strength and comfort during the difficult times ahead.