A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
SusannaUK

Re: my heart is broken my dad has gone x

Postby SusannaUK » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:29 pm

I am so sorry to hear the sad news but I am glad that you were there and it was peaceful.
Thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.
Take care,
Susanna x

brodders

Postby brodders » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:43 am

How are you? I have been thinking of you XXX

Dcoleman

Postby Dcoleman » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:54 pm

Sorry I stayed away for a few days. Didn't know what to say. It's been a week now and it's seemed a long week. It's been quite tough when the little things happen they remind me of dad. I'm trying to stay strong for mum more than anything. It was awful when we had a phone call for them to arrange for carers to come in I actually couldn't believe they rang! And they also came to collect the hospital bed as well which was really tough but if needed to be done to help us through it. But we are getting there and the support has been such a great help x

brodders

Postby brodders » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Yes funny about the bed isn't it, my mum died on a Thursday and the bed wasn't collected until the following Tuesday.The battery was running low and it had a terrible bleeping noise - my dad and I couldn't turn it off - really didn't help our mood!! Good luck for the funeral - my mum's was surprisingly ok!! Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Janiebobs

Postby Janiebobs » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:44 am

Thinking about you at this very sad time x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:57 pm

I am so incredibly sorry for you. Reading this has saddened me and reminded me how precious my own dad is to me. I believe your dad would be so proud of you. You stayed with him and stayed strong. I am sure he knew just how much you adore him, as it is so easy to see. Can't imagine the pain you are going through, I really hope you have someone that can comfort you in these absolute terrible times. Thinking of you so much.

Leila xx

Dcoleman

Postby Dcoleman » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:16 am

It's been a while since I have been on here. It's so difficult to read what others are going through when I know exactly how they are feeling. We had dad's funeral which was beautiful and so many people came to say good bye. I managed to say some words about dad and I was so proud I got through it all. My 2 sons who are 15 and 17 along with my partner and one other carried their granddad on his final journey and I was immensely proud that they did it. Time is a healer but it is the little things around the house that spark off the tears and the memories. Christmas is going to be tough this year as it is all still very raw. But we will try to enjoy it as I know dad loved Christmas and would want us too. X

LMD

Postby LMD » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:08 pm

So sorry for your loss.

I know how you feel when you say it's the little things which spark off the tears...(my Dad passed away at the end of October). Im missing him so much. It so hard to come to terms with hm not being here.

Sending you love and strength xxx

Dcoleman

Postby Dcoleman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:07 am

So, I haven't been back to this site since Dec. It's not that I don't care about all the other people on here but I guess I have tried to resume some sort of normality to my life...except that it doesn't seem to happen like you think it would. Mum and I still have tears especially when we hear a song or something sparks off memories of Dad.we have made a beautiful little memorial garden for him. We have bought a wishing well and then we laid him to rest in the garden that he absolutely loved. It looks so pretty and when we are in the garden we have a chat with him and we know that he is so close to us all. This Thursday would have been his 80th birthday and the lovely thing is we had is party last year in the garden so we will hopefully have a BBQ if the weather holds and raise another glass to him. Time is slowly healing but the pain is still deep routed. For those of you that read my story I hope it helps to know that not everyone suffers at the end of their days with pancreatic cancer. My Dad was so peaceful. My best friend is a carer and she has just done a course and she uses my Dads story of how he passed away so peacefully to help her careers as she was there with us at the end. Stay strong everyone x