A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
shelda

Re: Wish someone would help him

Postby shelda » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:37 am

Leila, sending you massive hugs and love. Such a heartfelt touching letter to your dad, I think you are so amazing in helping all of us on here whilst dealing with the loss of your precious Dad, he would be so so proud of you. Thank you for all the support you give and in hopes we can help you too. Lots of love Shel xx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Mon May 02, 2016 2:39 pm

Thank you again for everyones lovely lovely messages, it really does mean so much, as I have so little support in 'real life '.

Linda, I got the bracelet and charm last year, quite soon after Dad passed away actually. Have you looked at the website anymore?

It sounds really nice what they are doing with some of Stewart's ashes. September gives you something to work towards, and I am sure he would love to see you smiling.

How did you find the pictures on the Tribute Wall?

Leila xx

Linda G

Postby Linda G » Mon May 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi Leila, I just scrolled down and down, looking at all the male tributes until I found your name and you and your Dad's pictures. I often look through the tributes although it makes me very sad to see all these lovely and loved people taken in such a horrible way. I haven't looked at the jewelry site since but I will keep it in mind. Knowing you are still here and surviving gives me some hope for myself because I know how devastated you are by your Dad's loss. Take care.
Linda G
XXX

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Mon May 02, 2016 5:20 pm

Well thanks for taking the time to look. The first picture was about 10 years ago, the day before I moved to XXXX. The second was in XXXXX, I was probably 4 or 5.

It is hard to still be here, and time goes very fast amd very slow. I feel like it was yesterday, but somehow a hundred years has passed with me just standing still, if you know what I mean?

Stewart will always be in your heart, will always be in your mind. When you make new memories, he will be making them with you, in your heart. Some people can get back to daily life quickly, because it is what they need to do to grieve, others can't, and need to take it minute by minute. Any way, is the right way.

Leila xx

Xxx "please"!!!!
Last edited by Fifi on Tue May 03, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Linda G

Postby Linda G » Mon May 02, 2016 10:35 pm

I know what you mean about the time thing. It's weird sometimes. 13 days before he died it was my 61st birthday. He wrote on my birthday card (among other things ) "one day you'll smile and laugh again, and then you'll smile broader and laugh louder, because I'll be laughing with you". I don't know where he got the strength to write what he did at that time and I hope, one day, I can do as he said. In the meantime I will keep trying my best. Goodnight.
xxx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Tue May 03, 2016 7:09 pm

Linda,

Stewart sounds such a very lovely man, and his love for you is so obvious. He's not left you, they don't. I hope Dad is still here with me, I hope he holds my hand as often as he can. We can only cling on to hope.

Leila xx

Linda G

Postby Linda G » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:29 pm

Hi Leila, just wondering how you are getting on?
Linda G
XX

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi Linda,

Thank you for asking. It is very very tough at the moment, but what I have to tell myself is Dad wouldn't want to see me just yet, and that I have to try to live what life I have left. There just seems no point to anything. Am just so very numb inside.

How are you coping Linda? Have you heard anymore from the hospital?

Leila xx

Linda G

Postby Linda G » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:03 pm

Hi Leila, I know exactly how you feel! I don't seem to be able to move forward at all. I understand the numbness too. Its one year tomorrow since Stewart was diagnosed. Every day I go through the "this time last year" scenario. I try so hard just to get through every day, it's not really living though is it?. I can't wait to take that sleeping tablet at night and go to bed. No thoughts, no dreams, just peace and an empty mind, for a short time.I haven't heard anything else form the hospital yet. Not sure if I ever will. I'll keep going of course because that's what he would have wanted. You take care of yourself.
Regards
Linda G
XXX