A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
jay

Re: Trevor's Story

Postby jay » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:28 pm

Massive hugs Sandra, we carry on as we have no choice and know our loved ones would want us to smile and laugh again, its so hard though, Jem asked me out 28 years ago on new years eve. its my 50 th birthday tomorrow and going to get one of his old birthday cards out but at the minute not brave enough to root around in his massive box of keepsakes,
hugs to everyone
Jayne
xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:46 pm

Sandra I was thinking of everyone on New Years Eve. Thankyou for your continuous support it means so much. I hope this year is easier for you and you remember all the good times with Trevor.
All my love,
Sue xxx

Didge

Postby Didge » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:48 am

Happy Birthday Jayne. Rob and I both had big birthdays a few days before he died. I do hope you manage to do something lovely to mark the occasion! Didge x

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:14 pm

Hi Sandra,

Just wanted to say I hope you are getting through these days reasonably ok? I say this because I know this month is particularly hard for me, so it absolutely must be for you too.

Leila xx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:56 pm

Leila,
I know I think about you every day too, your dad the 21st, Trevor the 24th, I really can't believe its been a year, yet in other ways it seems like 10 years.
I truly hope you are starting to feel stronger now, but this will bring it all flooding back.
Yesterday my youngest son and his wife had a 4d scan of their baby boy due at the end of June on all of the 10 photos he had his hand on his forehead, just as his Granddad used to, made me smile and cry at the same time. sending you a big cuber (((hug))) love sandrax xx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:02 pm

It does seem like years doesn't it? Feel like it has all passed by while I have been stood still.

Was starting to feel a little more confident, but everything all happened in April, and feel like I am on countdown.

Are you doing anything on the 24th? Lovely that you have a new edition due, and sounds like he is just like his Granddad already. I am sure he will be so proud.

Leila xx

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:28 am

I will be thinking of you on the 24th Sandra (as I will Leila on the 21st).

As I've said to Leila, I always mark the passing of my mum and dad with something, whether it be a bunch of flowers, lighting a candle or going for a meal out. I know the first anniversary of Trevor's passing is going to be very tough and we are here if you need us.

The end of June will be here before you know it, so exciting and something to really look forward to and focus on.

Take care
PW xx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:05 pm

Hi Leila and PW,
I am going to my youngest son's on Tuesday to look after my 8 year old granddaughter, while my son and his wife have a week away to celebrate their 10th Wedding Anniversary. I will probably come back on the Saturday 23rd, so will just be at home, with Trevor as I have his ashes here at home. I have my little dog, Missy for company, I must say I would be lost without her, and after 12 days away I think, no I am sure, I will be ready for home.
Hopefully the garden will have dried out by then and I can potter outside,as he would be grumbling about the state of the garden. I have a little plaque with a photo of him in the garden, and a vase so I will put him some flowers out there as the daffodills will be finished by then I think
Leila, I understand your feelings totally, but try to think of your Dad with happy thoughts and try not to replay the bad times, be sure I will be thinking of you. love sandrax xx

Proud Wife

Postby Proud Wife » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:41 pm

Thinking of your tomorrow Sandra. I know it will be a very difficult day for you. Trevor will be very proud of how you've coped and how you come and here and help others in the same horrible position.

Much love
PW xx

jay

Postby jay » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:33 am

Thinking of you today Sandra and your wonderful Trevor
love Jayne
xx

Didge

Postby Didge » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:35 am

Sending you lots of love Sandra. Didge x

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:26 pm

I have been thinking of you today Sandra. Sending you lots of love.
Sue xxx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:33 pm

Thank you everyone, I cannot believe a year has passed since I lost my beloved "darling" Trevor, in one way it seems weeks and in another it seems like years since I last saw and spoke to him. Our boys and their families have been wonderful but it is hard without "your" special person, who would cheer you up when you feel down and laugh with you and just be there. I just have to keep telling myself that he would want me to carry on without him, but sometimes it is just too hard, but most of the time I manage to.
As my 8 year old granddaughter told me last week "Granddad is still here Nana, he kisses me every night when I fall asleep he is sat on his cloud watching us all the time. Didn't have the heart to say he was probably chatting to the person on the next cloud, especially if she was female and needed help steering her cloud and probably missed most of what we did. He still makes me smile
love to you all sandrax xx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Sandra,

Hope today wasn't too hard for you. I was telling my counsellor yesterday that it seemed like yesterday, but a 100 years ago at the same time.

Whata beautiful thing for your granddaughter to say, I started to well up, and then I read your part, and I just had to smile. How very lovely.

Bless you Trevor.

Leila xx

Wife&Mum

Postby Wife&Mum » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Sandra, saw on Marmalade's thread that you're back from holiday. I've missed your warm and wise posts. It's been very quiet here lately...maybe a good thing if it means people aren't needing much support at the moment.
Welcome back and I hope you had a great break.
W&M xx