Hubby coming home from hospital .

EmmaR

Well Jon as been in hospital for 10 days after a PE and as been on oxygen most of the time they have been weaning him off it and say that his levels are fine ! but Jon is not convinced he thinks he should have oxygen at home , I think he was so frighten by the pain when he couldn't breathe that he is convinced it will happen again ,well they are hoping to send him home maybe later today he is also coming home with a commode plus bottle which I hope he won't need we live in a bungalow ,but it think his confidence are been really shaken I know he is very poorly which could be the result of the PE or is it the progression of the dreadful disease ,feeling very uptight about everything at the moment and just hoping I will cope have plenty of family support and the the nursing teams but sometimes wish it was just me and him as before !! But know it can't be that way again ,

Hope I haven't made you all feel down by my post , the weather alone today is doing that

Thanks for reading and listen .

EmmaR xx

Hi Emma,

Sorry to hear you are having such a horrible time, but you don't ever need to feel bad about putting your feelings down. I can imagine that although you want Jon home it is also very frightening.

When my husband first came out of hospital last time we had lots of professionals coming in every day. We have been fortunate in that things have improved and this is no longer the case, but I do understand your concerns. It is reassuring to have people in, but also very tiring having to talk to people and keep going through things with different people, and it no longer feels that your life is your own. I found it better if they all were timed to come one after another, not always possible, but when it worked it meant we then had some time to ourselves and Paul could get a rest. Also ask family and friends if they can check that your are up to visitors before turning up, I always get people to text then if I can't face them, I don't even have to talk to them!

My heart goes out to you Emma, and I really hope that Jon continues to feel better and you have some good days at home together,

Best wishes,

Nikki

Hi Emma

I can see how that must feel very scary to you both.

I just really hope that things aren't so bad when Jon is home and you get the support you need - and all being well let's hope he perks up when home and starts to feel a bit better.

Take care

Cathy xx

I can understand your apprehension and Jon's loss of confidence but its a good thing he's coming home.

Commodes aren't so bad, don't worry about that. If you're lucky with your district nurses like we were you can build up a real rapport and friendship with them. Ours were only here for about half an hour and we quite liked them coming in every day, it was comforting in a way to know a health professional would be there at some point. Our GP called in occasionally too, also the Mac nurse. None outstayed their welcome, all were very helpful and understanding and we still had the precious time on our own and with our children.

Try not to worry, you will cope, as we all do. We have to.

Very best wishes to you Emma and Jon.

Julia x

Edited by J_T

Well Jon didn't come home the dr decided to keep him one more night so hopefully tomorrow, he was very tired when we visited him and seemed confused about a lot of things and still kept on about the oxygen the nurses were monitoring his levels and they were up and down so maybe they will give it to him to come home , the commode and other bits and pieces came home with us so as you girls said I will cope because we have to thank you ! your kind words made me feel that there are people who really do know what we and others are going through , so tomorrow is another day and it's on with the smiley face but it is so bloody hard ....

Thanks again for listening and being so supportive .

EmmaR xx

Hello ,well Jon is coming home this evening once oxygen as been delivered to our home more equipment ! has anyone used oxygen at home he had a PE and this still complaining of breathlessness is this common after a PE or is it the cancer progressing he is on Clexane injections oh my now my nursing skills will be tested not that I have any only compassion for my man who as been my strength during our 51years of marriage , hope I will get through the night .

EmmaR xx

Hi Emma,

Sorry no experience of home oxygen or PE'S but I think as long as you don't smoke the oxygen is quite straightforward! Hope you have a good night. Hopefully Jon will feel better for being home.

Best wishes,

Nikki

Hi Emma

Hope you managed to get Jon home this evening, from seeing what my mum did for my dad everyday I would recommend that you accept all the help you can get, it's not easy being as carer. Wishing you lots of luck with the next stage of your journey

Julie x

What a night ! My daughter and I got Jon home at 7pm ! He was exhausted I think I saw every hour on the clock he found it hard to settle in the single bed me in the other one they are usually used by the grandkids on sleep overs , the oxygen machine almost drove me in sane it was like a generator on a cross Channel ferry cried my self to sleep felt so helpless , this morning district nurse came to show me how to give clexane injection but thought Jon looked poorly so she called the on call Dr weekend our surgery closed as good as they are you can only be ill Monday - Friday but must say the Out of hours Dr was very good Diagnosed an infection on the lung could be part of the clot gave Jon antibiotics and said call if any probs over night as due to the PC his breathing would get worse anyway ! District nurse was shocked they let him home from hospital with out spotting an infection and the Dr didn't even want to give him the oxygen ! It was only on Jon's insistence he told me today that he felt they wanted him home as there was no hope for him broke my heart to hear him say that , district nurse said one of the their team will call every day to do the injection as I need to see someone for support so glad of that .

Well Jon is sleeping now so I will join him soon on the cross channel ferry !! I am so tired .

Hope you all have a peaceful night .

EmmaR xx

Hello Emma,

I really feel for you as I remember this nightmare rollercoaster only too well. You feel emotionally drained and think that you just can't take anymore, but believe me you will find the strength to battle on , however long it takes.

Sending you love and support,

Hilary

Hi Emma

Mercifully I cannot yet envisage being in your dear husband's position although deep down I know and accept that one day this foul scourge will leap up to sink its fangs in my bum! As for the present Chester FC staying in the relegation zone despite my very vocal support for them against Luton yesterday has been the low spot of the weekend!

My nephews were recently nursing their Dad at home and managed to arrange for a proper hospital bed to be provided for him and they and the nurses caring for him found this a huge help. May be worth an enquiry to your District Nurse or McMillans.

Love and Peace

Mike