• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cathy

• Jwilson

• karen17

• J_T

Top Posters In This Topic

hello karen, only just logged on have been away for a while, sorry message a bit late, so sad to read your post honey, my condolences and best wishes to you all, love laura xx

Hi Karen, I too have been away and struggled to get on line. I am so glad the funeral went off well and find it so difficult to grasp that someone could be taken so young. I am obviously in a different place as a sufferer and sometimes struggle to put into words the pain I feel for my close family who have watched me through the difficult times and sometimes (most of the time) felt so helpless. I think however that Mike has already stated how I feel in a Most articulate manner.

I am obviously now amazingly lucky to have a real shot at beating this, but will still be thinking about you coming to terms with a life without Bob (physically) by your side, though I am sure he will always be with you in many ways and cherished memories.

Look after yourself and please stay in touch.

Steve

X

Karen. It was so lovely to read about Bobs party, for that is what it was. It sounds as though it went perfectly and I'm sure he would have had a ball. Once again you made me laugh. Here I am silently blubbering and I get to the bit where the pub ran out of drink!!! Priceless!

I think it was very generous of you to share your day with the forum family.

No more watching Corrie!

June x

Thank you everybody again for the kind words. Steve and Mike I am so pleased you are both doing well and like everyone else enjoy reading your posts.

Linda the thought of your dvd brought a lump to my throat but I think it is important for you to be able to tell your family your wishes. I only hope that Bob was looking down on us because I found it very difficult to discuss his wishes with him and they tended to come sporadically. I remember travelling to chemo one day and candle in the wind came on. I knew what he was going to say before he opened his mouth and when he said it I told him it was just too emotional and no one would cope. Likewise when he wanted the Killers I said it was inappropriate! I just couldn't handle the thought but he knew I had taken note. He wanted his photo in a big frame placed on the coffin which we did. I feel at peace that I did fulfil his wishes.

Julia and Kate I have been thinking about you both so much and my thoughts will certainly be with you tomorrow. I just kept thinking of it as a celebration of Bob's life which helped me.

Karen xxx

Hi Karen

Here here with everything you have said.

I think you handled everything perfectly. So brave. And I think that will be of help to Julia and Kate - so soon afterwards! And now Carole. :(

Julia and Kate, as you know it goes without saying, we'll all be thinking of you all tomorrow

Xxxx