sorry haven't posted about mum!

claude

hi everyone

I'm sorry that i haven't posted to update on mum for ages but have been having a diffcult time.We did get too spain as mum wished and all in all it was a sucessful but emotional trip.

However since returning mum has gone downhill fast she has had several boughts of pnuemonia and her system seems to be breaking down she is now completeley incontinent hasn't eaten in a month except fortejuice drinks and now her eyesight has gone.We nursed her at home as she wished for as long as we could but she is now in the hospice as we just couldn't go on.Before she went in i literally nursed her for five days without rest. The hospice staff are amazing and are keeping her settled and pain free i cant praise them enough.My mum is still with us even though she had the last rites a fortnight ago and wasn't expected to last the night.She really is a fighter. She has days were she is sat up and lucid then days that she doesn't remember at all but the hospice have worked wonders and ahe is a lot better than 2 weeks ago. Who knows what will happen next i wouldn't be surprised if mum lived to fight another day the women just never gives up.

I hope you are all doing well and on a positive note i am 6 weeks pregnant.It wasn't planned and is the worst possible timing but i don't care i'm still absolutley delighted. The circle of life!If its a girl it will be Catherine Alice after my mum she is truly an inspiration. thanks claude x

Hi Claude... I haven't been on this forum much for a while now (various reasons).

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy. Take care of yourself :)

I am sorry to hear that Mum is really poorly now. I'm glad she's being well looked after.

Hi Claude

Well what a roller coaster of emotions you have been through! A big congratulations on your pregnancy. So sorry to hear about your mum and I am so pleased for you that she is being cared for as well as she is.

My Mum is OK, but she does have a recurrence of her cancer near the drain site scar which shocked us a bit. She is due for virus targeted radiotherapy treatment, we go to see the Doctor about it next Tuesday.

Look after yourself and baby.

Angie