A forum for family, friends and carers of pancreatic cancer patients

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
cestrian

Re: tired

Postby cestrian » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:30 pm

marie souter wrote :
> Mike,
>
> You need to be poster guy for 'How to kick PC up the arse" .. so glad
> things are going so well..I can't believe you're even weaning yourself off
> morphine .. my eyes were out on stalks with that one .. Good call on the
> christmas lunch .. always a bonus ' washing up ' YEY ... hugz

I claim none of the credit for this which belongs entirely to the surgeon who did my nerve separation op back in July. This immediately stopped the chronic pain in my abdomen and back that quite a few on the forum have experienced. If anything I think I clung on to morphine a bit like a comfort blanket and was taking 50 mg Zomorph morning and night until I realised it was just an unnecessary habit. Now one tablet every two days so soon down to nil.

I just can't speak too highly of the keyhole surgery I received for this pain relief but think I was very lucky to get this done before any other treatment started, and indeed before I really knew if chemo was going to be possible. To be honest I'm not sure I'd be here now if the pain had continued because suffering pain is against my religion - I'm a devout coward!!

Love and Peace

Mike

cestrian

Postby cestrian » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:30 pm

marie souter wrote :
> Mike,
>
> You need to be poster guy for 'How to kick PC up the arse" .. so glad
> things are going so well..I can't believe you're even weaning yourself off
> morphine .. my eyes were out on stalks with that one .. Good call on the
> christmas lunch .. always a bonus ' washing up ' YEY ... hugz

I claim none of the credit for this which belongs entirely to the surgeon who did my nerve separation op back in July. This immediately stopped the chronic pain in my abdomen and back that quite a few on the forum have experienced. If anything I think I clung on to morphine a bit like a comfort blanket and was taking 50 mg Zomorph morning and night until I realised it was just an unnecessary habit. Now one tablet every two days so soon down to nil.

I just can't speak too highly of the keyhole surgery I received for this pain relief but think I was very lucky to get this done before any other treatment started, and indeed before I really knew if chemo was going to be possible. To be honest I'm not sure I'd be here now if the pain had continued because suffering pain is against my religion - I'm a devout coward!!

Love and Peace

Mike

laura

Postby laura » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:55 am

marie, i am thinking of you, and sending love and strength to you, you are doing a great job as a daughter and carer, the way you are you will have no regrets and plenty of memories of happier times.
with love laura xxx

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:15 am

Hi Marie

I can only really echo what everyone else has said - you are doing a fantastic job for your Mum but I hope you find time to take of you as well.

Lots of virtual hugs to you

Cathy xx

J_T

Postby J_T » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:21 am

Can't say much more than has already been said Marie, you are doing a great job under very difficult circumstances as I know only too well.

Your mum is so lucky to have you. Be kind to yourself.

Julia x

Thriae

Postby Thriae » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:52 pm

How are you today Marie? X

marie souter

Postby marie souter » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:55 am

Oh Jules am so sad about your dad my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family ... and thankyou so much for all your kind words and support as always everyone ... time is drawing near now ... her hands and feet are swelling, she can't swallow so she can't take a drink and secretions have build in her throat making that awful sound ... I guess it won't be long ... still doesnt seem real yet .. I only popped home for five minutes so I'm going straight back now ... horrible times .... can't bear it x

KATB

Postby KATB » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:35 pm

Oh my goodness :-(

Wishing you strength and sending you love - I know how hard this all is, it's all so fresh in my mind.

xxx

Bee

Postby Bee » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Marie,
I am thinking of you and your mum

Bee xxx

jules 2015

Postby jules 2015 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi Marie
I am thinking of you and sending you lots of love, strength and virtual hugs to get through this terrible time.someone said to me that I would find the strength to be there until the end and I did somehow. I know what you mean about it not seeming real, but you are doing a great job. Your mum must be so proud.
Julie x

marie souter

Postby marie souter » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:28 am

Not home yet will post in a few days but my beautiful mommy passed away Friday night 10:25pm

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 am

So sorry to hear this Marie,
Lots of love,
Nikki

cestrian

Postby cestrian » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:45 am

Marie

My poor love, sincere condolences on your sad loss. You know that at this sad time you have the love and support of all of us.

Praying that you are able to come to terms with this and find the inner resources that you will need.

Yesterday I was thinking deeply about different levels of courage, trying to comprehend how very young men in wartime faced almost certain death and carried out acts of such extreme valour that it is difficult to understand how they were motivated to do so. I think on the forum we hear of how families rise to the challenges presented by caring for their loved ones in their final days and in ultimately losing them while still showing amazing fortitude. I know you will do as you have done throughout, present a brave face to the world and carry on with making the arrangements your dear mother would have wanted. As I have said we are all with you and are here to listen to your fears, anger and whatever other emotions you need to vent.

Love and Peace

Mike

EmmaR

Postby EmmaR » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:00 am

Oh Marie,
So very very sorry but your beloved mum is free of the terrible pain now, so take courage from all our forum family be brave, be strong , sending all the love I can .
EmmaR xx

J_T

Postby J_T » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:01 am

Marie, so sorry to hear that you have lost your mum. May she be at peace.

Look after yourself.

Much love, Julia x