Nanoknife...yes or no....you decide

LindaH

I recently wrote to Jeremy Hunt MP with regard to why Nanoknife was available on the NHS for some 'types' of cancers with the exception of Pancreatic....I felt I was being discriminated against for having the 'wrong' cancer.

I received a reply from his office this morning. Is Nanoknife safe....the decision is yours.... I will post the link the MPs office gave me.

http://publications.nice.org.uk/irreversible-electroporation-for-treating-pancreatic-cancer-ipg442/the-procedure

Linda

Thanks Linda, it is good to know NICE have a stance on this treatment even if it is a little non-commital. They have not however dismissed it out of hand, so it is still of interest in my opinion.

Ho your'e doing well....... Not too many days until your trip!!

Steve

X

Worthwhile correction Steve, not sure how much on-going support you'd get going round calling the kind ladies on here Ho's!

And thanks for the decisive determined action on this. I'm not sure of the times when this is useful or appropriate and feel I may have missed a research avenue for my mum. Any links or tips on it would be fab.

Good luck with it all!

Sarah

Thanks for your reply Steve and like you say, still of interest and that's exactly why I posted it.

It's up to an individual as to whether they feel the benefits outweigh the risks and let's face it Steve, I feel you and I are of the same thinking, we will try anything to stay alive and beat this disease.

I go and see my Oncologist at 4pm today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results from my CT scan and hope he will be able to help me with the back pain and chills which is making me unwell at the minute. I'm just hoping I don't need a new stent fitted, because if I do, I will have to demand an anaesthetic as I swear I cannot stand the damned tube down the back of my throat again. I hope it's just an infection and can be sorted with some different antibiotics.

Yep, not long to my trip and my 60th birthday...eek.

Linda

Understood Sarah, there certainly are some cheeky girls on this forum, but they are of course all innocent!

Have a look at Carole McGregor's thread on Nanoknife as she has the newest experience.

Treatment is in London (edited-moderator)

Good luck

Steve

X

Good luck today Linda..... We do love endoscopies! After my first, I told Margaret I did not want another..... Wrong!! I call it the Black Mamba!

Hope the results are positive today.

Take care

Steve

X

Steve - cheeky girls?? What do you mean???? :)

Linda - all the very best of luck for your Onc appointment and scan results. Will be thinking of you this pm and looking out for your post.

Cathy xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using our forums you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.