This forum contains news that Pancreatic Cancer UK and forum users have shared over the years.
LindaH

Nanoknife...yes or no....you decide

Postby LindaH » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:16 am

I recently wrote to Jeremy Hunt MP with regard to why Nanoknife was available on the NHS for some 'types' of cancers with the exception of Pancreatic....I felt I was being discriminated against for having the 'wrong' cancer.

I received a reply from his office this morning. Is Nanoknife safe....the decision is yours.... I will post the link the MPs office gave me.

http://publications.nice.org.uk/irrever ... -procedure

Linda

Slewis7313

Re: Nanoknife...yes or no....you decide

Postby Slewis7313 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:50 am

Thanks Linda, it is good to know NICE have a stance on this treatment even if it is a little non-commital. They have not however dismissed it out of hand, so it is still of interest in my opinion.

Ho your'e doing well....... Not too many days until your trip!!

Steve

X

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Damned iPad keyboard.... The last line should have started 'hope'!!!!!! :shock:

InfoForMum

Postby InfoForMum » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:32 am

Worthwhile correction Steve, not sure how much on-going support you'd get going round calling the kind ladies on here Ho's!

And thanks for the decisive determined action on this. I'm not sure of the times when this is useful or appropriate and feel I may have missed a research avenue for my mum. Any links or tips on it would be fab.

Good luck with it all!

Sarah

LindaH

Postby LindaH » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:55 am

Thanks for your reply Steve and like you say, still of interest and that's exactly why I posted it.

It's up to an individual as to whether they feel the benefits outweigh the risks and let's face it Steve, I feel you and I are of the same thinking, we will try anything to stay alive and beat this disease.

I go and see my Oncologist at 4pm today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good results from my CT scan and hope he will be able to help me with the back pain and chills which is making me unwell at the minute. I'm just hoping I don't need a new stent fitted, because if I do, I will have to demand an anaesthetic as I swear I cannot stand the damned tube down the back of my throat again. I hope it's just an infection and can be sorted with some different antibiotics.

Yep, not long to my trip and my 60th birthday...eek.

Linda

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:58 am

Understood Sarah, there certainly are some cheeky girls on this forum, but they are of course all innocent!

Have a look at Carole McGregor's thread on Nanoknife as she has the newest experience.

Treatment is at The Princess Grace Hospital in London with the contact being:
simone.philips@hcahealthcare.co.uk

Good luck

Steve
X

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:01 am

Good luck today Linda..... We do love endoscopies! After my first, I told Margaret I did not want another..... Wrong!! I call it the Black Mamba!

Hope the results are positive today.

Take care

Steve
X

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:01 am

Steve - cheeky girls?? What do you mean???? :)

Linda - all the very best of luck for your Onc appointment and scan results. Will be thinking of you this pm and looking out for your post.

Cathy xx