Abstracts from ASCO 2013

KATB

http://abstracts2.asco.org/CatAbstView_132_101_AA.html

Here are all the abstracts presented at ASCO 2013 for PC.

I don't know how interested people are in these or whether they make sense to everyone but I'll be reading them so I thought why not post them here.

ASCO is the American Society for Clinical Oncology - it's the main meeting of the year for oncology and it's generally where most oncologists from around the world get their most up to date information.

Kate

x

Slewis7313

There certainly is a lot of heavy reading Kate. However, even reading only a few articles it is interesting to read about what is going on around the world to try and better understand the beast we know as PC. The 'targeted treatment' caught my eye immediately and is interesting in that it implies most types of PC are different and should accordingly have unique treatment regimes.

I'll be reading these along with you Kate.

Thanks!

Steve

Wow!

Thank you both for finding and posting these. There is lots of interesting stuff here. I went straight to the last abstract on what you posted Kate as it mentioned Folfirinox. I'll need to reread it again more slowly (much more slowly) to understand what the trial actually involved but the results looked positive.

Cathy xx

Mum are you off out today to find bitter melon?!

I'm snowed under with work but next week I'm off so I'll be having a good trawl through it all.

K

x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Kate,

Fantastic stuff - thanks for posting this! The second one down I was personally involved in recruiting patients, so I am excited to see the full results, although I have an idea as the study was closed early. But, will still be interesting to see it in black and white.

This is great - thank you.

Jeni.

J_T wrote :

> I've ordered one carton of this

> http://basicayurveda.co.uk/index.php/bitter-gourd-karela-juice.html

>

> £8.99 with postage because the order was under £30. Just want to see what

> its like first. You can get in tablet form but tablets are not Ray's

> favourite things currently!

>

> Might as well give it a go!

Thanks for this, I've ordered one too, like you say, might as well give it a go. It will be interesting to see how express the 'express' delivery is for £5.00 :-)

Linda

We've ordered 4 cartons. It seems that bitter melon has been shown to offer benefits to diabetic patients as well.

Over the weekend Jonathan suddenly started to get very thirsty and I worry he has become diabetic. His thirstyness we're told could be caused by chemo, or could be caused by the steroids but it's thrown me into a flap. We're getting his blood tested anyhow but we will definitely give this a try to see if it at least helps.

Cath xx

Be aware you will probably get text or email from Premier Bathrooms to say your parcel is on its way. Its the drink!!! Weird lol. Not been tasted yeg!

Ha ha..

It sounds as if it wasn't called "bitter" for no reason. Still, we can but try. My attempts to administer omega 3 fell at the first hurdle.... :)

My carton of Bitter Gourd arrived yesterday and yes, you do get a text from Pioneer Bathrooms.....I text back saying I haven't ordered a bathroom...oops!

OMG it's awful. I can't begin to describe the taste....but I'll keep going with it, just close my eyes, hold my nose and down in one.

Linda

Hi Linda

Did your package arrive in the morning (I ask as I've had a text re my "bathroom" arriving so need to work out where I'll be for the next few days)?

I read somewhere you take 60ml 3x per day (for diabetes). Is that what you are taking?

I'm having a premonition of an omega 3 moment (omega 3 moment = buy vast quantities of something i.e. fish oil, only to be refused by patient on grounds of disgust).

Cathxx

OMG, I'm crying laughing at you two with your 'bathroom' stories! :lol: :lol:

Ray hasn't tried his yet but it does something like 'pleasant natural taste' on the front :lol:

Thanks for the link Mark. I saw you could get them in tablet/capsule form but Ray is fed up of taking tablets. Might be the better option though if it tastes foul!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my working from home today and the nagging potential that that has provided has meant that the first bottle of bitter gourd juice has been opened. I had to have the first taste and actually, it's not TOO bad. I wouldn't like to sit poolside with a glass of it through choice but if you have something after it takes away the taste.

Will probably use up what we have (I hope) then continue with pills, only as they will be easier to carry around.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using our forums you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.