Take part in live Q&As with our Pancreatic Cancer Specialist Nurses
Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:24 am


Postby MARKSEANTAYLOR » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:15 am

my friend a UK resident and citizen is currently on business overseas and has just being diagnosed, Im trying to find out how we contact the NHS from overseas to arrange a consultation and potentially organise surgery?

PCUK Nurse Rachel R
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:52 am


Postby PCUK Nurse Rachel R » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi there
I'm sorry to hear of your Friends' recent diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. As they are a UK resident I think contacting their GP in the first instance would be beneficial. A referral can then be done from GP to a Specialist Centre if appropriate. It may be beneficial to point your Friend in the direction of the email support services we offer here as part of the charity. The email address is nurse@pancreaticcancer.org.uk or they are very welcome to call the confidential support line which is open 10am until 4pm Monday to Friday, we do have overseas callers.
Kindest regards

Rachel Richardson
Pancreatic Cancer Specialist Nurse
Support Team
Pancreatic Cancer UK
email: nurse@pancreaticcancer.org.uk
support line: 0808 801 0707

Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:38 pm


Postby Justamo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Hello Mark.

Was your 'friend' diagnosed in the UK or abroad ?
Was he/she advised what stage the PC is at ?
What makes you think it is suitable for surgery rather than chemo ?
What symptoms prompted your friend to seek help ?

Best wishes