Some very good news

Catherine

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd share our good news. My mum saw the oncologist today after her first lot of chemo. She's had 8 sessions of cisplatin and gemicitabine. To quote the oncologist her bloods are good, and her scan was good. There's been no growth and no spread, possibly some shrinkage. My mum was offered 3 treatment options, do nothing, carry on with the chemo or to have chemo and radio together. Surgery was also back on the table as an option, though the oncologist was most positive that he could annialate the tumer and that this may not be necessary. His words we 'we are looking at long term control'. We are all delighted, it's the best possible news we could have hoped for. Mum starts chemo radio in 3 weeks.

Love to all

Catherine xx.

So glad to hear that Catherine!

Good news is what we want to hear. Our family is just starting out on this journey and, to be honest, we are clinging on to any positive stories we can find.

What wonderful news, Catherine, I am so happy for you, and of course your mum - hasn't she done amazingly well?! It gives us all such a lift to hear of successful treatments and so much hope so thank you so much for letting us know. You are such an important member of our forum family, offering advice and support to everyone, even when you have worries of your own - we are so happy that you have had such a fantastic result.

Sending you and your mum lots of love

Deb

x

Thank you everyone. I have been imagining being able to post some good news, and am so happy I was able to do so. Now we're crossing everything that the radio chemo does what the oncologist thinks it will. Though to be honest I feel more positive about this treatment regime than I ever did about whipples for my mum.

Deb thank you for your lovely words. They brought a tear.

Lots of love to all

Catherine xx

• 3 weeks later...

Oh Catherine, I'm so pleased to hear this! I just popped on briefly to see if anyone had a any news and possibly update that we are burying Anne's ashes tomorrow and its so nice to see your Mum is doing well! Long may it continue! I'll be thinking of you xx

Sam thank you for your good wishes. Sadly my mum can't start her chemoradiaton tomorrow as planned as she as an infection around her stent. So it's been put back 2 weeks and she's in hospital for the next week at least. Bless her. Though we are all delighted re her results she's doing amazingly well. We just don't want any more scares like this week.

Love Catherine xx

Hi Catherine,

I'm another Catherine :)

Just wanted to wish you and your Mum all the best. Your posting regarding her scan results sounded brilliant. Really positive news. I hope her infection sorts itself out soon.

Cathy xx