Update

Sueba

Hi all

I've not been on the forum lately as my 3 children have been off for the Christmas holidays nd my mind has been occupied with being mums taxi,Christmas etc

My husband has just had his 5 th chemo (flouracil sorry prob spelt wrong) and his reaction to the chemo has improved the last 2,in that not as sickly,a bit more energy,is this a good sign? He is still getting tired during the day the first week following chemo but nothing like the first couple of cycles!

So what now?one more cycle and then a scan!i am already picturing us going to see the oncologist,a repeat of last time,saying inoperable I'm sorry a couple of months to live ( not at 42 years old I want to shout!!)

It was mentioned that he would have 6 cycles of chemo,a scan,then another 6.Has anyone else followed this cycle?i was wondering do they carry on 2 weeks later or give you a break? He says obviously he will carry on with another 6 chemos even though it is aggressive,we are also looking at nanoknife.

The only thing that is keeping us going is trying to stay positive and his aim is to become operable no matter what,even though the surgeon thinks it will prob never become operable due to the tumour covering the major blood vessels.

We have to carry on as normal for the sake of our children but I am finding it increasingly difficult as time is passing so quickly!!

Sue

hello sue, i understand your worries, but dont waste "the now" whilst worrying about the future, which none of us can change anyway.

brian had 19 months of consecutive chemo, he was on Gemcap, not as strong as yours i dont think. This went on because brian reacted well to the treatment and the tumour shrank quite a bit.

Talk to your oncology team about your concerns hopefully they will be able to reasure you, we to were told 6m0nths ish???? that was may 2010.

chin up, best foot forward, love laura xxx

Hi Sue

I know it is so easy to say, but try not to spend too much time trying to predict what will happen next. It is very difficult to do that with this disease and I guess that is why your hubby's oncology team are taking it a step at a time. I know it is so hard to do, but you probably need to do the same - small steps. It is right that you have hope and that you stay focussed and positive because who knows what will happen - Laura's Brian is testament to what can be possible. How they progress will depend entirely on what the scan shows and how he is doing with the chemo - the fact that he has felt better lately is good news. Trust in the team - they will weigh up all the factors and discuss with you the options, I am sure. I did exactly as you are doing, trying to stay a step ahead and that is a good thing because you will always be prepared and ready but also remember to live in the moment and enjoy it together (I am sure you are doing this, so apologies if I am patronizing you). My husband was very young too (45 when diagnosed), so I understand your anger at the unfairness of it and my heart goes out to you. I do hope that your hubby continues to feel OK and that the scan shows that the chemo has been effective.

Thinking of you and sending love

Deb

x

Thanks Deb and Laura for the good advice,you are so right with the live in the moment advice!we had a walk out this evening and chatted about organising some trips out whilst he's feeling better,and the children back at school.Lunch out,a shopping trip to buy presents for my sons birthday and a trip to the cinema to watch "Les Miserables" love and hugs back

Sue

Xx

Hi Sue - sounds like good plans and good times ahead! Keep us posted won't you? Keeping fingers crossed that things continue well and sending love.

Deb

x

Thanks Deb,having a good day today,I've managed to get my hair cut at last!hooray!and called into work to update everyone,so lovely to see them!!

Cx