A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
susikus

Re: Recently diagnosed!

Postby susikus » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:06 am

This is a wonderful community because we are all facing an awful disease, that many others just do not understand. Together we will achieve more and support each other, whatever happens. Good luck Sue, I shall be very interested to hear, xxx

marie souter

Postby marie souter » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:05 am

Hi all,

Sue I just popped on to read your thread, I'm surprised I haven't read it by now as am posting a lot these last few wks ... (although I have been actively posting since June I think)...
How are you all doing now? He sounds super-fit ordinarily .. I was out of puff just reading his fitness regime, I am sure this will certainly help his stamina in fighting this bloody awful disease .. my thread is called 'tired' unfortunately my moms diagnosis came at stage 4 and she refused chemo, but she still managed 8 mths 1 week till she passed. She was tired all the time and had very little staying power all her life but she managed to fight this disease as hard and as long as she could and I was amazed at her determination.
I saw your husband got a metal stent, thats amazing they normally don't fit those but thats such a good thing as they last so much longer :D
Susikus is so right that people do not understand this awful cancer. The support on this forum is amazing and although my mom has passed I just can't bring myself to leave people floundering if I can help with a kind word..although my sister says it isn't doing me any good being on here..she has no idea how much it helps. Yes its sad there are so many gone these last few mths BUT the support on here is out of this world and no one understands like us, you can probably see how much I have been posting since my mom passed...how can you close your eyes to the suffering this disease causes just because your loved one has passed. I'm campaigning like many others for more awareness of this disease and raising funds...

still gotta keep fighting the good fight

Love and hugz
Marie
xx

Sueba

Postby Sueba » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:09 am

Hi Marie
Sorry I don't think you've read my up to date post on here.....
He passed away 4 weeks ago,still super fit etc suddenly,with a massive oesophageal bleed,cause still unknown till we get histology back.
Miss him so much,but I've 3 sons I promised him I would look after so that's what I'm doing
I've sent you a Facebook friends request
Sue
X

marie souter

Postby marie souter » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:29 pm

oh no Sue am so sorry that woulda been around the same time as my mom then maybe a week after my mom and thats probably why I didnt see it when I posted this .. but I saw on your facebook page, what a lovely couple you two made btw, am sure he woulda been proud of everything you are doing, and those boys are a credit to you, his legacy x
am thinking of getting moms histology back as well am not happy with a few things xx Let me know how it turns out with that....thinking of you

Love and hugz
Marie