Help - Husband just being diagnosed with advanced cancer!

Jool2504

Hi,

Sue sorry to hear about your jaundice trouble, hope it clears soon and chemo can continue.

Oncologist was ok about injections and no warfarine. Sorry just had to pop off hes in a state got cramp in his leg and fingers. Sorted him out and now I'm back.

Lost my train of thought.

Chemo continues tomorrow, he has put on a bit of weight. Feeling quite sick, will see if I can up his anti sickness meds.

The family lunch went very well, lovely to see everyone all together, Bill ate a minute amount.

Had to take his foot dressings off yesterday as his foot and ankle were really swollen, cleaned his toes up and left to breathe for a while. Strapped his back up for bed, District Nurse came today, prior to her visit I got Bill in the bath, he stayed in there for an hour! She agreed with me he shouldn't be left for 4 days inbetween checks so they'll be back again on Thursday and Saturday. Both feet are really swollen, any suggestions on what could be causing it and how to try and aleviate it?

On a lighter note I finally finished removing the bedding plants in front and back gardens and replaced with winter plants, did it over a few days but its one more thing off my mind as Bill loves his garden, thank god its not too big.

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.

J

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jool2504

• susikus

• DRAD3

• yorkypaul

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jools. Wish I had the knowledge to offer advice on the swelling. I can ALWAYS offer my ear to bend about anything you care to talk about though! I'm glad you managed to sort the garden. You should see mine! Nettles to shoulder height. I used to mow it all with a ride-on mower once! How life changes.

Just thought I'd let you know that I am reading your posts and, when I can, will let you know that I am listening to what you say. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Paul

Jools, can you talk to the nurses about what is causing the swelling in Bills legs - there are different things that could be contributing but it would be wrong of any of us to suggest solutions without seeing the whole picture - and then depending on what is thought to be the cause comes the possible solutions. Sounds like they are coming today so you could discuss it with them. Good to hear Bill has put some weight on - wow! - I wish Pete would. And well done on the gardening - our method of gardening is 'slash and burn' (big woodland garden, nothing needs to be kept tidy, suits us perfectly!). Here's to a good day for us all...

love

Sue

xxx