Update on my Dad

rachelqt

Dear Rachel. I am so sorry to read of your dear dad's struggle with this awful illness. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Paul

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rachelqt

• laura

• louiepc

• susikus

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not believe I am now typing this post after almost 13 months..

My wonderful and brave dad (Noel) lost his battle today at 9am this morning with this dreadful disease. He fell into a deep sleep, just like he wanted.

All I can say is that I am so so proud of him! I will miss him very much, I have a picture in my head of him in heaven, listening to his country and western music and having a big steak and chip dinner!

Love you always Dad!

Rachel xx

Oh Rachel I am so sorry. Your lovely brave dad has gone to a more peaceful place and he is pain free as he wished to be. I know how hard this is. I lost my dear mum just 3 years ago. I have not forgotten her, of course. I still have tearful times. I think of her every day, but life is, ever so slowly, a little easier. I now think of her and smile at the memories. It takes ages to get to this point.

That said, i left my love at the hospital tonight, and i can not talk myself into this way of thinking as she sinks lower and lower.....

Please talk to us and share your grief. It will help. I know, I have been there and will, sadly, soon be there again.

Love and big hugs,

Paul

I am so, so sorry Rachel. I have read your threads on this forum about your dad and you have been a wonderful daughter, he could not have asked for better. He is at peace now. My love and condolences go to you and your family at this sad time. Please take care Rachel. I love your image of your dad with a huge plate of steak and chips, listening to country and western - what a good mental picture! Lots of love to you, Sue, xxx

Dear Rachel

So sorry to hear about your Dad. Another sad loss to this cruel disease. He will be so very proud of you too and I am so glad his last days and hours were peaceful. Keep those precious memories to the front of your mind, those that make you smile and they will get you through the coming weeks. Take care of yourself, Rachel and we send you all our love and join you in feeling very proud of your Dad.

Deb

x

oh rachel, my love and thoughts are winging their way to you, i am so so sorry, but glad dad got his wish, take care of yourself love, as always laura xxxx

I have just come on to the site to see how you are all doing, oh Rachel I am

so sorry to read about your dad, so glad he got his wish and went peacefully, thinking of you all my love and best wishes to you,

cheryl xx

Dear Rachel, I am so sorry to read about your Dad.

Such a wonderful man, he seemed.

Its been 12 weeks since my amazing mam passed with this terrible illness.. I keep trying to move forward.. just take one day at a time..

You were one of the first to reply to me when I first posted about my mam.. and your dads story gave me hope & strength at that difficult time, you helped me alot - & I thankyou for that.

Take care of yourself Rachel

Lots of love

Ella xx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Rachel,

I am very sorry to learn of the death of your dear dad. You have been such an enormous support to so may people on here and it was always nice to read the updates on your dad.

Please accept my personal condolences as well as that of all here at PCUK at such a sad time.

Kind regards,

Jeni.

Rachel I am new here and read up on your posts about your Beloved Dad.

Please take my condolences and know that I totally understand all you went through. I am going through the same situation with my Husband.

regards

Diane

Rachel l do admire you as you helped your Dad in every possible way thay you could. We too are in NI so was always very interested to glean more information about treatments here in the province. Please accept my condolences to you and the family at this sad time. Day by day may you find some peace and solace in knowing that he is at rest. J

Edited by jenna