Thankyou

Vanhalen

Thank you everyone for all your kind words, it means a lot.

My thoughts are with all of you fighting this horrible disease. It really is so cruel.

I apologise for forgetting to mention the one person who's been a vital help throughout the last 7 months, Jeni Jones.

With her help, Id written to mums GP, asking for certain medications, enzymes, steroids, help, advice, etc, to make mum feel more comfortable in her last days.

My mum would ask, have you had a "letter" from Jeni?

Jeni was the first to tell me about Creon, 2 months after mum had been discharged from hospital. She suffered needlessly before having the Creon. Also Jeni told me about steroids. These were refused initially for my mum, BUT when she did get eventually them, they were an immediate help.

It almost felt that I was the middle man writing notes to people to get help for mum. But It had to be done.

I do wonder how others in that same position get the help they require.

I remember asking Jeni, why isn't it simple, pancreas has cancer, so this should be given and this and this.

It didn't seem to be as straightforward as that and all the time my mum was suffering.

No one should suffer.

Thank you Jeni. You helped me give mum all the help possible.

Good luck everyone, my thoughts are with you all and thank you again for all your kind words.

Rich x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the very positive feedback about the information and support you received from Jeni.

Just to clarify for anyone new to the forums, Jeni Jones works as our Support Manager, she is available to provide information and support to anyone affected by pancreatic cancer and can be accessed through our Support Line - 020 3535 7099 or by emailing support@pancreaticcancer.org.uk

Best wishes,

Anna