Travel Insurance

peter2901

Hi - We are wanting to travel as a family to Greece for a well deserved holiday for my brother who has advanced pancreatic cancer. I have looked at the Cancer Research UK website and contacted a couple of insurance companies for a quote. It looks like its likely to cost more than a thousand pounds to insure my brother for 1 week (if they will insure him at all)! Has anyone used any particular company who may be cheaper? Any ideas please?

Hi there

I use MIA insurance as we travel to Spain frequently. My old insurance wouldn't insure me and others said no. I was recommended MIA by my cancer Centre. As long as the Consultant is happy to state the person is medically fit to travel and this is documented. MIA do single trip insurance. I have just booked two 5 day breaks in Spain in March and the insurance is costing £114 for both trips.

If you google MIA insurance you will get their telephone number. Good luck

Ruth

Thank you . I tried insure with and they gave an estimate of about £1000. I will try MIA tnrw and hope it will be cheaper . Some sunshine will do my brother good and give him stength to get through chemo and carry on fighting x

Hello Peter.. my brother in law had the same problem after having his lung removed due to cancer. I seem to remember he finally got his through the British Legion as he'd been in the armed forces. Could this apply to your brother? I can't ask him where he got it as he's currently abroad but when he returns in just over a week I'll find out for you if you're still searching.