Dad's symptoms - vomiting after most meals

root

Hi all. Dad was diagnosed in January with locally advanced PC after a failed whipple attempt. He had a billary bypass and was until recently on gemcap for palliative chemo. He stopped treatment 3 weeks ago as he thought some of his symptoms may be due to chemo. However, there has been no noticeable improvements. In fact things have gotten slightly worse. He is throwing up mainly bile when he tries to eat ( and what he eats is very little - maybe 400 calories a day) he belches a lot and has hiccups fairly frequently. My concern is that I thought the billary bypass would prevent this symptom?? 2 months ago his cat scan showed no spread of his cancer and it was still contained within the pancreas. He is also very fatigued. Any advise or suggestions about vomiting and bringing up bile would be appreciated. Thanks

Sorry I can't help with Dad's symptoms, you could try emailing the nurses in the morning, they are available Monday to Friday, or even give them a ring. I hope you get some advice to help your Dad soon, take care sandrax

Sorry to hear your news. Yes as Sandra says contact the nurses on here, they have been really helpful and spoken with James several times to offer solutions, which generally gave worked really well. We have been lost several times without them. Fiona X

Hi not sure if it is the same but mum was vomiting after meals and had awful gas. She had a CT scan and they found a blockage in the duodenum. She had a stent fitted last week and this has stopped the symptoms. Mum was dehydrated when they admitted her to hospital. She also had a stent in her bile duct.

I hope it gets sorted out soon. Take care. Sue x

Thanks for the replies everyone - and I dis speak with a nurse who was really really helpful as always.

Sue - this is what I'm afraid of but he had a bypass when they were unable to do the whipples which means he shouldn't get a blockage at all. But as the nurse said yesterday, PC is an unknown beast that can have many unexpected complications. He has an oncology appointment on Monday so I guess they will run even more tests.

Good luck, my dad had sickness but along side that he hadlots of fluid in his abdomen. Hopefully the oncologist will have some answers and solutions,

Hi throwing up bile was the first symptoms we had on this Journey, we had a duodenum stent in to prevent this due to a blockage also we have been on Lanzoprasol since the word go. We have had hiccups and belching also all the time since the start. Beloved also doesent eat much have got him some powered shakes from the doctor which he likes, I make them up with gold top milk and cream for more calories. Hope everything went well yesterday x