A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
jay

Re: Newly Identified Tumours One Year on from Whipple

Postby jay » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:37 am

I am so, so sorry Amanda
love Jayne
x

Didge

Postby Didge » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:29 am

Amanda, I am truly sorry to hear the news. My husband also died of cancer at age 37 and today I will be going to the cemetery to mark what would have been his 64th birthday with our eldest who was 5 at the time but is now a strapping 32 year old, while my current partner is having treatment for his pc liver tumours today. Your sad but lovely post brought me right back to that sad time and I will be thinking of you in the strange days to come while you and your children build a new life. do feel free to pm me if you feel it would help. With 600 people at the funeral he must have been much loved and I hope you have lots of support round you. xxx

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:35 am

Dear Amanda,

Thanks for posting and letting us know about David's passing - as Mark said, far too young indeed.

Your post was excellently written, and gave such a good snapshot of your lives together, and also, the esteem in which David was held. It sounds a wonderful partnership/family, with your two little girls.

Please accept the condolences of all of the support team at Pancreatic Cancer UK, and also the wider charity. Our thoughts are with you.

Kind regards,

Jeni, Nursing Team.

Birchen

Postby Birchen » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Dear Amanda
So very sorry to hear that your beloved husband has lost his fight to this dreadful cancer. I am so glad that you had one last Christmas and New Year with him and your children. My husband also lost his fight on Christmas Day 2013 but he was determined to make Christmas and fought to the end to do this. Thinking of you Lyn xx

belgrade

Postby belgrade » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Hello Amanda,
I am so, so sorry your husband has lost his fight to this very cruel disease. My thoughts are with you and your little girls.
Take care,

Hilary

EmmaR

Postby EmmaR » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:33 pm

Oh my dear Amanda how brave you are and what a wonderful man your hubby must have been to have that many attend his passing just hang on to the lovely memories you and your girls have .
Emma xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:36 pm

So sorry to read your post Amanda.My thoughts are with you and your daughters. Sue x

J_T

Postby J_T » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:36 pm

So very saddened to hear another young man taken by this awful illness.

Your post is a wonderful tribute to David.

Take care of yourself.

Julia x

SusannaUK

Postby SusannaUK » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Dear Amanda,

I am so sorry to read that your husband lost his brave fight with this cruel, awful PC.
He was so young, so unfair. Your girls are amazing, true stars! Little children can grow up so quickly in a tragedy like this.
I know exactly how you feel now. I lost my husband to PC 3 months ago, he was 41. I have two little boys, 4 years old twins and they are just amazing. They absolutely understand what has happened and always tell people that their Daddy has died and now he is in heaven and he can hear us and see us and he will always be with us. So mature.
My heart goes out for you and your little precious girls.
I am thinking of you in this difficult time.
With love,
Susanna xxx

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:49 pm

Amanda, I am so very sorry to hear that David has lost his battle with this awful illness. Your story clearly shows what a brave and determined individual he was. 37 is a tragically young age for a loved one to be taken from you, but your joint efforts to build up a store of precious memories for you and the children really is inspiring. 600 attendees is also obviously a mark of amazing respect he must have commanded in an all too short life.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Take care

Steve
X

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:11 am

Hi Amanda

I have just read your post and I am so very sorry to hear that David passed away.

I'm not sure I can add any more to what the others have written so well but loved the story of your little girl and the jigsaw getting help from Daddy. Reflective I think of how well, and how bravely, you and your girls have dealt with David's illness.

Take care

Cathy xx

Bowie

Postby Bowie » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:06 am

Dear Amanda, I am so sorry to hear your devastating news. This is such a wicked disease and for you with such a young family all much too soon. Your husband was so brave and your girls sound amazing. A reflection to you both as parents, even during your struggle with this even disease. I'm sure children do know so much more than most of the grown ups about the wider stuff beyond what we can easily see and comprehend as they're still open to all possibilities. I'm thinking of you and hoping that everything can now be as peaceful and good as possible for you in the days and months ahead. Fiona X

Tas

Postby Tas » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:14 pm

Dear Amanda I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
My heart goes out to you and your little girls. May God give you strength in this tough time. And may you never have to face any tough time ever again.
take care,
Tas