A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
Neg73

Re: How much longer will he suffer.

Postby Neg73 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Thank you all. Just to inform you all that I've had excellent support from EUROPAC through the University of Liverpool who have taken my fears for hereditary/genetic PC serious. My grandmother (paternal), great uncle (paternal) and my dad all died from this terrible disease. None of my GP's have given us any advice on this and through my own research along with my dad's persistence to research familial PC, we have been registered with EUROPAC for screening. I didn't want to acknowledge this whilst my father was alive, but he made me promise that I would look into it as he didn't want me or my children to suffer. If anyone is concerned with this issue I strongly advise you to contact EUROPAC as they have been excellent. My dad's wish was that all donations from the funeral (rather than flowers) go to this research programme.

EmmaR

Postby EmmaR » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:15 pm

My thoughts are with you and sending condolences stay strong .
EmmaR x

cestrian

Postby cestrian » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:53 pm

You have done everything your Dad needed and wanted and his peaceful death at home amongst his loved ones is a tribute to your care and compassion.

My sincere condolences on your loss.

Love and Peace

Mike

J_T

Postby J_T » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:53 pm

So sorry to hear about your dad, but pleased he was where he wanted to be with his family present.

You are to mention EUROPAC. We looked into this as my husbands father also died of cancer but unfortunately the primary site was unknown so my children are not eligible.

Wishing you strength for the coming days.

Julia x

Janiebobs

Postby Janiebobs » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:56 pm

I was so sorry to hear about you Dad. My dad was diagnosed with inoperable PC at the beginning of January 2014.
Thinking about you and your family at this very sad time
Jane x

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Sorry to hear about your Dad, you can be sure in the knowledge that you did everything you could for him, and he was where he wished to be at the end. love and hugs to you and all your family sandra x

jules 2015

Postby jules 2015 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Hi
So sorry to hear about your dad, you must be devastated. Sending you hugs and strength at this sad time, try to take each day one day at a time. You did a brilliant job looking after your dad and making sure he was at home with his family, please try to take some comfort from this.
Julie x

Bee

Postby Bee » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Hi,
So sorry, take things one day at a time and use all the support available. Take car,

Bee x

PCUK Nurse Jeni

Postby PCUK Nurse Jeni » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:00 am

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about the passing of your dad so soon after you first wrote about him.
It is good to hear that he was able to be at home, and have his wish granted, and that you had excellent care from your hospital. This is so good to hear, as often, the opposite is true, so it is encouraging to others that you have had some good experiences.

Our deepest sympathies go out to you and your family at this sad time.

Also, great to hear of your positive feedback about Europac also. We do refer many people there and we know that the research they are conducting is very important for the future understanding of pancreatic cancer.

Kind regards,
Jeni, Support Team.

Neg73

Postby Neg73 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:57 am

Overwhelmed by your kindness. Thank you. I will use this site for years to come and hope sometime in the future I can repay the kindness to somebody in need. My deepest thoughts are with you who are suffering currently through personal PC or witnessing a loved one suffer. Xxxxxx