A forum for advanced pancreatic cancer issues

Moderator: volmod

Forum rules
Please see the messages in our "Rules" section

The posts on this discussion board are made by members of the General Public and are not intended to constitute medical advice
EmmaR

Re: Jonathan's final performance

Postby EmmaR » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:39 am

Cathy Jonathan's final performance and as they say final curtain sounded wonderful ,you will feel empty and sad but in true show business style as they say "the show must go on " so be strong and know we are here when ever you need to give in to your emotions .
Take Care
EmmaR xx

marie souter

Postby marie souter » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:21 pm

Dear Cathy,

There are no words that can make you feel any better I know this, all we have is that we did the best we could for our loved ones when they needed us most, take comfort in that..

Thinking of you Cathy at this terrible time

Hugz
Marie

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:13 pm

I'm new here, and just read this.
Wanted to give you my thoughts. You wrote that so beautifully and so strong, yet your pain brought tears.

xx

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi Leila

Thank you. That's kind of you. Your response brought tears to my eyes too!!

Everyone, thank you again for your replies. It's a strange new normal life without my big man. Have stuck the Chelsea match on the radio but it's not the same without him swearing at it :(

Sadly the actor who wrote Jonathan's obituary in The Stage has recently died as well - he was one of Jonthan's best friends so I have another funeral to look forward to.

Ant11 - you said when the time was right you would be posting about your special lady as well so I am looking out for your post!

Love to everyone. Hope your weekends and your loved ones weekends are good and healthy.

Cathy xxx

Ant11

Postby Ant11 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:37 pm

Hi Cathy

I have followed your posts religiously since finding out about the special lady in our lives. You really are a brave and wonderful lady offering so much to others and so many of your tips have helped me to pass things onto my very close family. I have shed many tears reading your posts knowing that in time we will have to say farewell and let her go. I would like to contact you via email if Jeni could arrange this as I can then explain in more detail what is happening. Of course I do understand if you would prefer not to. You are a real inspiration......

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:45 pm

Sorry, I know this isn't related, just wanted to say how lovely the above post is. I've not been here long, but I am constantly here. No one seems to get my emotions, in real life, and they fluctuate massively.

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that a good friend of ours is swimming a mile in Lake Windermere in June for PCUK. As well as being one of Jonathan's oldest friends, he also lost his sister only a few years ago to pancreatic cancer. He is swimming for both of them with proceeds to go to PCUK.

His just giving page is here. Please share with friends.

http://www.justgiving.com/Rod-Arthur

Many thanks

Cathy xxx

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Cathy, I wasn't sure how to contact you but this should trigger an email to you. I'm afraid I won't be at the workshop tomorrow as I will be having my PICC line fitted. Another time maybe?

Steve
X

Didge

Postby Didge » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Good luck for tomorrow, Steve.
Didge x

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi Steve

Didn't catch this before I set off so went armed with Picc line cover. Absolutely no worries tho and definitely another time. Are you planning on coming down to London soon?

Have an absolutely super holiday!

Cathy

Xxx

Birchen

Postby Birchen » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:35 pm

Hello Cathy
I did not want to take over someone's forum so have found your old forum. I hope you are doing well. It still doesn't seem quite real does it that they have gone. One day I am fine and think I am doing really well and then another day feel terrible and cry on and off all day. Family and friends have been great and I couldn't have got this far without them. I expect you feel exactly the same. Upset, angry but most of all glad that you had all the happy times with them during their life. It was lovely to hear from you. take care Lyn x

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi Lyn,

I haven't had the time to get on here much recently (Jonathan's benefit is tomorrow and its keeping me busy) so it was so touching to log on and see my old post on here, and lovely to hear from you too :). I kind of feel like we are soldiers trooping on.

I am glad you are getting support, I think that makes such a huge difference. If you'd ever like to get in touch, email the nurses here and they will give you my email address. It would always be lovely to hear from you.

Cathy xx

nikkis

Postby nikkis » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:24 pm

Good luck with the benefit tomorrow Cathy, I am sure it will be a wonderful success and a fitting tribute to your lovely man,
Nikkix

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:29 am

Thanks Nikki :)

I hope so....

I think about you and Paul a lot and look out for your posts when I am on here You are both doing super!

When things are less manic I hope to be able to check in a bit more often.

Loads of love

Cathy xx

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:33 am

Good luck with today's benefit Cathy. I am sure it will be a fitting and fruitful event.

Take care!

Steve
X