A forum specifically for patients only to use (e.g. newly diagnosed, recovering from surgery, having chemotherapy or patients in follow up).

Moderator: volmod

Slewis7313

Re: felt sick before I even started...

Postby Slewis7313 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi Linda, you really are being put through the mill with your chemo side effects. I certainly hope you feel the positive effects from the sessions soon and it does sound like things can only get better (not too sure about the student loan though!). Our youngest is just entering her final term of a degree course so I can sympathize with that one. I can see you are being really tested at the moment, but please stay in touch.

Take care

Steve

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:01 am

Hope you are OK today Linda, though I know tomorrow is the challenge for you. On a lighter note, my Daughters keep asking me to find out what your Welsh link is as you referred the Wales team as 'our lovely boys'! Where are you from..... I assume it is somewhere over here?

Steve

LindaH

Postby LindaH » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Slewis7313 wrote :
> Hope you are OK today Linda, though I know tomorrow is the challenge for
> you. On a lighter note, my Daughters keep asking me to find out what your
> Welsh link is as you referred the Wales team as 'our lovely boys'! Where
> are you from..... I assume it is somewhere over here?
>
>
> Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for your good wishes.

No, I'm sorry to say I have no connection to Wales at all. I just love....and I mean LOVE the Welsh Rugby Union teams from the days of Ieuan Evans, or maybe even earlier. We do love Wales, but the only time we have been able to spend any time there was when we went to see U2 at Mill Stad.

I have lived in Blackpool since I was 5-years-old, so I'm Lancashire through and through.

Have good weekend
Linda

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:55 am

Ah.... I see. You may love certain welsh things, but we also have a soft spot for Blackpool. When we lived in Germany and visited the UK, whilst the girls were smaller we always went to Blackpool to stay (north shore, Doric Hotel). The hotel changed hands some years ago and lost some of it's charm, so the trips unfortunately fizzled out (loads of good memories though).

Good luck today, I will be thinking about you.

Take care as ever

Steve