A forum specifically for patients only to use (e.g. newly diagnosed, recovering from surgery, having chemotherapy or patients in follow up).

Moderator: volmod

MSH

Re: So far so good!

Postby MSH » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:21 am

Steve, very sorry to learn of your news. Here's hoping you get a lot of quality time to enjoy with your family.

EmmaR

Postby EmmaR » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:37 am

Steve, no words help when you receive that kind of news ... just do what you can when you can and take each day with Margaret and the girls and fill it with joy and love .

Love Emma x

jay

Postby jay » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:20 pm

Sending my love Steve, thinking of you and hope the trials get sorted soon
love Jayne
xx

LMD

Postby LMD » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Hello Steve
Thinking of you and your family. Here's hoping there is a trial which will work some magic and give you some more positive news. Sending you lots of love
X

J_T

Postby J_T » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:48 pm

Sending lots of love to you Steve and Margaret and the girls.

Hoping you have a good Christmas and get some quality family time.

Thinking of you all.

Much love
Julia x

Cathy

Postby Cathy » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi Steve

This is my first time on here for a long time.

It goes without saying that I am so sorry to hear this news. You must all be devastated. Like everyone else, I do hope that the other hospitals are able to bring some hope and I also really really hope that you manage to plan to do lots of lovely with Margaret and the girls.

Thinking of you all

Cathy xx

Janiebobs

Postby Janiebobs » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:27 am

Dear Steve
I have just read your last update. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the New Year.
Thank you again for your advice and support you gave me at the start of the year
Jane

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:54 am

Hi Steve,

Was just thinking about you. I hope you are on holiday somewhere with your lovely family.

Please try and post when you can.

Leila xx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:37 pm

Has anyone heard anything from Steve?

Would really like to know how he is

Leila xx

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:51 am

Hi all, I am one of Steve's daughters, Paige, I had attempted to create my own account earlier but managed to mess that up somehow so thought I would just post from my Dad's. I realise in the meantime that the very sad news has reached the forum regarding the passing of my incredible Dad but I really had wanted to confirm this anyway.

My absolutely incredibly brave Dad passed away peacefully on the 3rd March 2016 surrounded by his family. He spent the final 2 weeks of his life at the local hospice as was his wishes and what an incredible place it was, all the staff were very special people, so compassionate and caring and made sure my Dad was comfortable. My Dad spent the 5 weeks prior to his time at the hospice in hospital, he went through so much but he was so incredibly strong and my family are completely in awe of my amazing Dad and how he faced everything which such bravery. Even in his final week at the hospice he described his first week there as a good week, the doctor commented on how positive he was. Reflecting back over his illness we realise how fortunate we were to have the time we did with my lovely Dad and to have had such wonderful care from the nhs. He lived for 3 years and 3 months from diagnosis though he was given a life expectancy of 6-12 months if treatment worked. My Dad's positivity and determination was inspirational, he was such a happy go lucky person and he made the most of the time he had, he went on numerous holidays with his family and he lived for us girls (my mum, my sister and I), he was such a selfless man with a heart of gold. We are all so unbelievably proud of my Dad. He also cared so much for his forum family.

Best wishes to everyone affected by this cruel disease.
Live for the moment and hold onto the hope.

Love to all,
Paige

stmfst

Postby stmfst » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:29 am

Paige,
Thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know about your Dad at such a difficult time. I don't post often, but I have followed Steve's inspirational story since I joined the forum last April. A quote I read the other day summed up for me Steve's wonderful positivity in dealing with his illness. Speaking about cancer patients it said, "The people who do well create a place in their mind and their spirit where they are well, and they live from that place". Please accept my heartfelt condolences for your family.

boa

Postby boa » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:06 am

Paige
Thanks for posting. Your dad was an incredible inspiration to everyone here. My sincere condolences to you and your family. Catherine

Ant11

Postby Ant11 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:13 am

Paige
Thank you for updating us all about your wonderful, amazing and inspirational Dad. A cruel disease it certainly is as we watch our loved ones fight such a battle to try and beat it. We as a family have followed his story since our journey started in November 2013. Our sincere condolences to you all in the loss of a very special man. He was so proud of you all and will be guiding you through this difficult time. God bless you all and may his soul now be at peace.

LMD

Postby LMD » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:24 am

Dear Paige
So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you all and sending you love and strength for the days ahead...
Thank you for posting. Your Dad was an inspiration.
Rest in Peace Steve
xxx

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:42 am

Paige,

Thank you for updating us about your lovely Dad. I hope in times to come, you can take strength from his amazing positivity, and that will help you through.

As you can see here, your Dad was an inspiration to everyone, me included. He helped everyone and even messaged me when I had lost my Dad, when he was going through the same illness. That must have been so hard for him, especially having daughter's too. But he was selfless.

He loved you all immensely.

Take care in the weeks ahead.

Leila xx