A forum specifically for patients only to use (e.g. newly diagnosed, recovering from surgery, having chemotherapy or patients in follow up).

Moderator: volmod

belgrade

Re: So far so good!

Postby belgrade » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:13 am

Hi Steve,
Glad to hear things are settling down and you are eating well. Keep up the fight and hope you get your trip to the sun.
Hilary

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:46 am

Keep fighting Steve. You are doing so well..

Leila xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi Steve, like you say a mixed report but I'm glad the stent has settled now and you are eating well. Keep up the fight and take care.
Love Sue x

J_T

Postby J_T » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:48 pm

Steve, good to hear things are better and you are eating well and the Abraxane side effects are minimal.

I'm sure you'll get that NY break!

KBO

Julia x

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:55 am

Hi Steve,
How are you doing? Is the stent working?
Thinking of you,
Love Sue x

jay

Postby jay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:04 am

Hi Steve, Just to let you know Im thinking of you too,
love Jayne
x

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi all, just a quick update on progress.
The stent seems to be helping, though I am still occasionally sick. My weight is holding, but I am struggling to recover the lost weight.
I also recently spent a night in Hospital as I had a high temperature. They didn't find anything and released me the next day.
Otherwise, things are pretty settled and I feel ok on Gem/Abraxane. That said, my tumour marker remains pretty high and has recently risen to 5,400. We'll just keep an eye on things and see how it goes.

Take care all

Steve
X

jay

Postby jay » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Great to hear the stent is helping and you feel okay on the Gem/Abraxane.
Take care,
love jayne
x

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi Steve glad things have settled and you feel ok.
Sue x

Slewis7313

Postby Slewis7313 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi all and apologies for not posting for a while. We have been waiting for Gem/Abraxane to work it's magic! However, we met the Oncologist last week after she reviewed my CT Scan. The outcome is that Gem/Abraxane is not working, all tumours show growth and my Tumour Marker has risen to 6,400. The result is that all treatment has been withdrawn and we have been told to make the best of any remaining quality time with the family. The Oncologist was as devastated delivering the news as we were to receive it, with a genuine "sorry" when she had finished. She has referred me for clinical trials at The Royal Marsden and Addenbrooks, so hopefully something will be of interest there.

This day was always coming, but we genuinely thought Abraxane would buy us some more time! We have given it a good run for it's money, turning a predicted 6 month survival prognosis into 3 years.

We are looking at a few family trips in the short term as we have no idea how long this vile beast will give me.

I'll try and post more often from now.

Take care

Steve

X

Didge

Postby Didge » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi Steve, good to hear from you and sorry the news is not better. Hope you are not feeling too bad physically and that you go on for some time yet. They usually see you v quickly at the Marsden for trials assessment and are really lovely there. Hope there is something which will suit you. Sending you and your family lots of love, Didge x

belgrade

Postby belgrade » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi Steve,
I am so sorry to hear that things are not so good, I was wondering how you were as you've not posted for a while. Let's hope you will have success with the clinical trials.
Have as good a Christmas as you can, I will be thinking of you, Margaret and the girls,

Hilary

Fifi

Postby Fifi » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi Steve,

Nice to see you back, but totally shocked to read your post. I cannot imagine how it must have felt for you to hear that news, and to post it as well. I do know how it feels for your family to hear it though, and I am so incredibly sure that their immense love for you can keep the beast away. Love can do a lot of things.
I will be thinking of you, and I just know my Dad will be looking down on you to spur you on also.

Have a good cry, and smash some pots ( sorry Margaret ) and then carry on fighting. It is what you are good at.

Leila xx

sandraW

Postby sandraW » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:27 pm

Hi Steve,
Sorry too that things are not too good at the moment, thinking of you all and sending a big cyber (((hug))) I agree with Leila, keep up that superb fight love sandrax xx

Sueoliver

Postby Sueoliver » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi Steve,
I was shocked to read your post but I really hope there is a trial that suits you. I am sure they are wonderful at The Royal Marsden.
Sending you and your family lots of love,
Sue x